Wikiposts

Manitoba PNP General Stream

Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:09 am
Just Joined

malek777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manitoba PNP General Stream

Helloo Everyone,

I'm currently in and Canada as a student and I've applied for the Manitoba PNP general stream. About a month later I get a letter saying that they've received my application and gave me a file number. Now my question is, I found an employer thats willing to hire me, if I supplement my file with a job offer letter will it make my case stronger?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba PNP General Stream

I am not 100% sure, but don't think so. General stream is the slowest -non priority stream- but I heard that the process is by now under a year time, which is good news compared to 2 years before....
If you have a chance, go to the Winnipeg Immigration Centre on Adelaide Street, they should be able to answer you this question.
If your employer is willing to apply for an LMO, you could get a WP though...mind you, it depends on the job and pay, if that is possible.

cheers
Ilse
Old Nov 18th 2010, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by manitobain
I am not 100% sure, but don't think so. General stream is the slowest -non priority stream- but I heard that the process is by now under a year time, which is good news compared to 2 years before....
If you have a chance, go to the Winnipeg Immigration Centre on Adelaide Street, they should be able to answer you this question.
If your employer is willing to apply for an LMO, you could get a WP though...mind you, it depends on the job and pay, if that is possible.

cheers
Ilse
Thanks for replying. The employer is not willing to go the LMO route because its too much of a headache but he's willing to hire me once I get the residency. I was hoping that the letter would show stronger ties to Manitoba since I want live here but I'm not sure if it would make any difference. I guess I have to check with the immigration center like you said.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:20 am
Just Joined

I just got a reply from the immigration in winnipeg and this is what they said
"your MPNP application won’t be affected by providing job offer but if you want to add this in your file you may do so."