Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Manitoba PNP - Community Support Stream????

Manitoba PNP - Community Support Stream????

Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:14 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Manitoba PNP - Community Support Stream????

Hi

Does anyone have information about the Manitoba Community Support Stream? As in what Organisations can issue A letter of Suport to the Applicants, what are the obligations under this stream etc.
Surprisingly the Manitoba PNP website has no information about this( dead links) and they don't even respond to e mails.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 4:06 am
Just Joined

apri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba PNP - Community Support Stream????

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Hi

Does anyone have information about the Manitoba Community Support Stream? As in what Organisations can issue A letter of Suport to the Applicants, what are the obligations under this stream etc.
Surprisingly the Manitoba PNP website has no information about this( dead links) and they don't even respond to e mails.
Hi Goblin

I have been to a meeting with MPNP program, as far a the
Manitoba Community Support Stream is concerned the are no programs up and running yet.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 4:48 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by apri
Hi Goblin

I have been to a meeting with MPNP program, as far a the
Manitoba Community Support Stream is concerned the are no programs up and running yet.
Hi Apri
Any idea when they may issue regulations about this stream and start accepting applications?

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:24 am
Just Joined

apri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Hi Apri
Any idea when they may issue regulations about this stream and start accepting applications?

Thanks
Hi Goblin

Sorry, i have no idea when they will issue regulations. As far as the officer at the meeting was concerned she said that there had been no community applications for the program (i.e no communities have applied as of yet to be part of the scheme). There are other streams but most of them you have to have a job offer from an approved employer. If you have friends here the genaral stream might be your best option but it is also the longest wait. I myself am currently waiting for the company who offered me a job to get approved and will apply under the Employer direct stream.
In my opinion the best way to do it would be to find a job and come here on a tempoary work visa and apply that way, as the company does not have to submit an employer application form. So far I have been waiting over 6 weeks for that to come through.

Hope this was some help