Manitoba PNP in Berlin

Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Manitoba PNP in Berlin

as I don't think it is only for German's here a something I found yesterday:

E-mail us by June 10 to arrange a meeting with the MPNP.

Berlin, Germany
Meet Manitoba Immigration in Europe

Government of Manitoba immigration officials will be in Berlin, June 24 to 26. If you are interested in living and working in Manitoba and can travel to Berlin, we want to meet with you in person.

The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) selects skilled workers based on their employability. It is a faster way to get your Canadian Permanent Resident Visa.

If you meet us in Berlin for an MPNP interview, you may be invited to apply with priority assesssment.

To qualify for this MPNP Strategic Initiative you must:

•be age 21 to 49
•have completed at least a one-year, post-secondary educational or training program for which you received a diploma, certificate or degree
•have at least two years of full-time work experience in the past five years
•have job-ready English language proficiency

To arrange for to meet us in Berlin you must e-mail us at [email protected] before June 10 to tell us more about yourself and your interest in Manitoba.

This replaces the exploratory visit, can get you an invite to apply to PNP and you can receive your PR without having a joboffer. Do prepare your letter though thoughtfully, look up the exploratory visit section on their webpage and follow their instruction what they want to know from you ..including a resume.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba PNP in Berlin

Originally Posted by manitobain
as I don't think it is only for German's here a something I found yesterday:

E-mail us by June 10 to arrange a meeting with the MPNP.

Berlin, Germany
Meet Manitoba Immigration in Europe
Why would someone living in Berlin want to move to Manitoba?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Why would someone living in Berlin want to move to Manitoba?
Reckon it would be a damn sight cheaper for someone in the UK or Western Europe to nip to Berlin to meet Manitoba Immigration than nip to Winnipeg.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:36 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GC44
Reckon it would be a damn sight cheaper for someone in the UK or Western Europe to nip to Berlin to meet Manitoba Immigration than nip to Winnipeg.
But why, then, hold the event in Berlin in the first place?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh,
German is spoken widely in southern manioba ,,,hutterites,menonites galore..
Steinbach area,winkler,morden sometimes ya hear more german than english
when shopping...
low&high German i think.
jimmy
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:41 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by jamesmc
ahhh,
German is spoken widely in southern manioba ,,,hutterites,menonites galore..
Steinbach area,winkler,morden sometimes ya hear more german than english
when shopping...
low&high German i think.
jimmy
As well as in Waterloo ON and Regina SK and I'm sure many other places in Canada.

I'm not going to pursue this because we're in the Immigration Forum, but I still wonder why someone living in Berlin in 2011 would consider relocating to Manitoba.

I'll bow out now.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

who says you have to live in Berlin to go to this. Berlin was probably chosen as a central place? lol..mind you, I am sure you know that..
Berlin might be too crowded for some and BC or the East Coast isn't for everyone? :P
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

I for one am over the moon to see this post. My hubby and I will deffo be applying for this. Some of you may remember me from my refused LMO post a few weeks ago. My hubby was refused his 1st LMO and we are waiting for employer to apply for a second LMO so reading this about Berlin gives us a flicker of hope. Anyone know when it is taking place in Berlin? I know you have to apply before 10th June, which I for one will deffo be doing. As always, thank you so much for the information. And good luck to anyone else who is going to apply. x
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

According to the news message, they will be in Berlin from 24-26th of June
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point

we were intersted in going to this regarding the mpnp as we looked at that same advertisement regarding what qualifies you for it and we ticked the boxes so when i emailed them they sent me this email back telling me THESE are the requirments for mpnp strategic initiative program:

To be eligible to apply to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), you must demonstrate a connection to the Province of Manitoba by providing evidence for one of the following criteria:

· A current work permit, having worked for at least (6) consecutive months for the same employer in Manitoba; or

· Proof of Close Relative in Manitoba; (must be a permanent resident and provide supporting documents); or

· Distant Relatives or Friends- requires (2) notarized Manitoba Affidavits of Support (MAS) forms and supporting documents; or

· Proof of Previous completed Education or Work Experience in Manitoba
(Work experience performed through Co-op Program is not recognized)

Please carefully review the eligibility criteria and Document Checklist (MDOC) in our application guidelines and ensure that you meet the criteria and include all required forms and documents before submitting an application. Our complete application guidelines are available on our website at http://www.immigratemanitoba.com

im confused as to what really is the criteria as they haven't emailed me back when i questioned it and if thats the case then berlin would be a waste of time and i doubt many people will fit that category?

anyone help?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey there,
the answer is a general answer to ALL MPNP programs, which they like to send out. Don't get discourage by that. The trick is usually the email which you write to them. Soooo, when you did email them, how detailed were you? Did you send your resume along? Read all the explainations on the exploratory visit, this is what you have to aim for, if you want to go the strategic stream. Ignore the first response, do your homework and put lot of info into the email (education/experience of you and your partner, why Manitoba, what kind of research have you done about Manitoba (if you know which region you want to go, have you contacted them?) and why do you believe you will find a job, explain that you have enough funding and did I mention..why Manitoba and do explain why you see yourself staying permanently).
Seems to be totally nonsense to go to Berlin and asking for an existing WP, I bet it is one first intake guy/girl who just took the easy way out. If you need more info, feel free to msg me.

Ilse
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point

i emailed about three weeks ago regarding the mpnp advert for berlin and i told them all the info about me and my family and my qualifications etc (which are in demand) and she sent quite a stern reply including that info i put on here and when i read it i thought surely if anyone could meet that criteria they could immigrate via most routes??
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

I guess the reason for the Berlin event is that Germany provides the most immigrants from Western Europe to Manitoba (according to figures given to me in 2007).

According to the BBC this week, UK emigration was down last year
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Hi,
I have sent a cover letter and resumes, as suggested by Manitobain approx. two weeks ago for the strategic initiative. We have been to Manitoba once in February and absolutely loved it, and everything about it, including the snow., lol. Anyway, since seeing the advert about Berlin we have now applied again stating that we would like to be considered for the Berlin event. I sent a detailed cover letter, resumes, scanned in certificates and proof of education, and references, etc. on my initial application and for the Berlin email I included CVs once again and references and referred to my previous application. It would be great to get a chance to go to the interview in Berlin as in our case, we live in Ireland and another trip to Winnipeg would be way more expensive on us than a trip to Berlin but hey, we want it so bad we would travel anywhere to get it.....Good luck to you if you also decide to apply and I will keep you posted if I get a response. Best wishes. By the way, we are also in process of waiting for a 2nd LMO to be processed so fingers crossed one or both of these will happen.....