Manitoba PNP

Old Jan 5th 2012, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manitoba PNP

I reside in Scotland and I submitted all the forms etc in July 2011. I know it takes roughly 6 months and more before you receive notification.

I have family in Peg that have sponsored me and I possess a Masters Degree in Biomedical Science. I think I tick most boxes as they say.

My real query is this. All the documents that I had to get notarised, ie University transcripts etc would I have to forward them to the CIC in London also?

I believe I have a medical to take and that has to be submitted to London, but not sure what else tbh.

My cousins in Peg were under the impression that once you receive word from MPNP you are free to move to Canada. They were disappointed when I stated that isn't the case.

Any help would be wonderful.

Oh and a very Happy New Year to you all.

Thank You,

Garry.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba PNP

Hey Garry,
explain a bit more. When you say you submitted forms.. this was for PNP? Assuming the above,
Yes, the new rule says, that the main applicant has to resubmit all documents regarding education/experience. All has to go to Sydney, NS now and there is an updated checklist available at the CIC website explaining what needs to be submitted with PR application.

With nomination, a support letter from the PRovince and a joboffer from an employer who is registered with MB Employment Standard you can receive a WP to tie you over until PR is granted as an alternative.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manitobain
Hey Garry,
explain a bit more. When you say you submitted forms.. this was for PNP? Assuming the above,
Yes, the new rule says, that the main applicant has to resubmit all documents regarding education/experience. All has to go to Sydney, NS now and there is an updated checklist available at the CIC website explaining what needs to be submitted with PR application.

With nomination, a support letter from the PRovince and a joboffer from an employer who is registered with MB Employment Standard you can receive a WP to tie you over until PR is granted as an alternative.
Hi,

Yes, all the forms for PNP were submitted in July. They went into the General Stream, because I hadn't worked a full year as a Scientist at that point due to the recession here in the UK. Work experience, education etc and all notarised. My family in Peg were told because of my education I'd hear something probably within 6 months or so.

So London doesn't deal with PNP now for the UK. Everything has to go through Sydney? But PNP is still dealt with in Peg?

I'll go and have a look just now on the CIC Website.

Thank You.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

PR through PNP now follows these steps:

1 - You apply to the province for nomination.

2 - The province (hopefully) grants you the nomination

3 - With your nomination certificate you can apply for Permanent Residency to CIC. You send your PR application to CIC Central Intake Office [CIO] in Sydney, NS.

4 - At the CIO in Sydney, NS, they assess your application for completeness, eligibility etc. If all's correct and in order, your file gets sent to London (assuming you are a Brit)

5 - CIC in London then process your application

As Manitobain pointed out, the province can also provide you with a letter supporting you for a temporary work permit whilst your PR is processed (so long as you meet the requirements).

Hope this helps, all the best.

Last edited by wolstie; Jan 6th 2012 at 6:39 am. Reason: Not enough acronyms...
Old Jan 7th 2012, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

I would like to thank you both for responding to my query and many thanks for replies you gave. Most informative.