Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mail Forwarding Facility in Canada

Mail Forwarding Facility in Canada

Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

sandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Mail Forwarding Facility in Canada

Hi All,
I am planning to land in Canada and apply for PR Card giving an address of some mail Forwarding agency ,as I do not have any friends or relative in Canada. is it ok to do that?
I want to know if any one has done that (not PO Box) .Please share the Information with me about how reliable and efficient they are . Also can I give PO Box address?
Another basic Question is do I need to apply for PR Card right away. The CIC website says that I can apply within 180 days. And if I apply after 180 days,I will have to pay extra for that. If I land tommorow and complete the Landing formalities(and come back to USA) and permanently move to Canada after say 9 months, will there be a problem to apply for PR Card at that time?

Any answer will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:28 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mail Forwarding Facility in Canada

You need to provide residential address, not a commercial one.

You are completing PR Card application during landing process, but you have 180 days from landing to provide CIC with your residential address where Card should be mailed to.

If you fail to do so then you'll have to apply for PR Card once in Canada and pay $50 with application.

Originally Posted by sandeep0909
Hi All,
I am planning to land in Canada and apply for PR Card giving an address of some mail Forwarding agency ,as I do not have any friends or relative in Canada. is it ok to do that?
I want to know if any one has done that (not PO Box) .Please share the Information with me about how reliable and efficient they are . Also can I give PO Box address?
Another basic Question is do I need to apply for PR Card right away. The CIC website says that I can apply within 180 days. And if I apply after 180 days,I will have to pay extra for that. If I land tommorow and complete the Landing formalities(and come back to USA) and permanently move to Canada after say 9 months, will there be a problem to apply for PR Card at that time?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

BoyBilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Can you please introduce one of those mail forwarding agencies?

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice

Somebody has forwarded this address for staying
and mentioning that they may as well forward the mail.

http://www.darryhouse.com
Old Dec 8th 2004, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

sandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant future

Some of the agencies I have found out thru research are as follows
I do not know the reliability of these agencies..

http://www.accutype.net/about_us.htm
http://www.aeromail.net/contact.html
http://www.mailnetwork.com/aprofile.html

Originally Posted by BoyBilly
Can you please introduce one of those mail forwarding agencies?

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

MrBosco is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
I

Thanks in advance
9 months is longer than 180 days. So it seems there might be a problem with that plan.