Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Low skilled Expedited Labour Market Opinion

Low skilled Expedited Labour Market Opinion

Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:51 am
Wanna-be Canadian

loser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant futureloser40 has a brilliant future
Question Low skilled Expedited Labour Market Opinion

Hey...

Ive had a look at the Expedited Labour Market Opinion web pages and noticed the low skilled jobs like -

Commercial Janitors,
Caretakers,
Construction Labourers,
Delivery Drivers,
Food and Beverage Servers (which I assume includes bar/pub work),
Food Counter Attendants,
Hotel and Hospitality Room Attendants,
Manufacturing and Processing Labourers,
Residential Cleaning and Support Workers,
Retail Salespersons,
... and Sales Clerks

It states that Alberta and British Columbia " Labour Market Opinion applications from employers who qualify to participate in the Pilot will be processed approximately within five (5) business days of Service Canada having received them when all the information requested is provided. "

Im keen to learn more about this. I have many questions... such as;

Could I apply for a "Mc Job" while visiting Canada as a tourist, be offered the job, and then apply for the LMO whilst still in Canada.

How long do applications take in other Provinces.

How long would/could the LMO work permit last for.

Could this LMO 'somehow' lead to the chance of applying for PR.

Is the LMO just subject to an employer offering a ( LMO qualifying ) job regardless of any previous experience,, or must I have a minimum amount of experience in order to apply for an LMO (even if the employer is happy to employ some-one inexperienced).

How much cash would I need to have to satisfy the visa.

Etc... Etc...

I'd really like to find the Small Print regarding all this - any of you guys know any good URL's.

All replies and advice very much welcome.

TIA,

Mark.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:40 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Low skilled Expedited Labour Market Opinion

Hi

Originally Posted by loser40
Hey...

Ive had a look at the Expedited Labour Market Opinion web pages and noticed the low skilled jobs like -

Commercial Janitors,
Caretakers,
Construction Labourers,
Delivery Drivers,
Food and Beverage Servers (which I assume includes bar/pub work),
Food Counter Attendants,
Hotel and Hospitality Room Attendants,
Manufacturing and Processing Labourers,
Residential Cleaning and Support Workers,
Retail Salespersons,
... and Sales Clerks

It states that Alberta and British Columbia " Labour Market Opinion applications from employers who qualify to participate in the Pilot will be processed approximately within five (5) business days of Service Canada having received them when all the information requested is provided. "

Im keen to learn more about this. I have many questions... such as;

Could I apply for a "Mc Job" while visiting Canada as a tourist, be offered the job, and then apply for the LMO whilst still in Canada.

No, you would have to apply outside Canada for the work permit or at a port of entry if you don't require a medical or TRV.

How long do applications take in other Provinces.

Only a few provinces offer the low skill option

How long would/could the LMO work permit last for.

Maximum of 2 years

Could this LMO 'somehow' lead to the chance of applying for PR.

Not as low skilled.

Is the LMO just subject to an employer offering a ( LMO qualifying ) job regardless of any previous experience,, or must I have a minimum amount of experience in order to apply for an LMO (even if the employer is happy to employ some-one inexperienced).

You need previous experience

How much cash would I need to have to satisfy the visa.

Etc... Etc...

I'd really like to find the Small Print regarding all this - any of you guys know any good URL's.

The horse's mouth, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/low-skill.asp

All replies and advice very much welcome.

TIA,

Mark.