Lost photos, been reminded

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

sayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant future
Default Lost photos, been reminded

We applied under the Skilled Worker programme in January 2005 and received an update letter over a year ago asking us to resubmit police certificates, etc. and to inform of any changes to our circumstances by March 2007. We did this, and a couple of weeks into March we were asked to send new photos of our son (aged 11). We did, and then nothing happened until the end of August when we received another letter saying we had been asked back in March for new photos of all of us (not) and could we please send them. So we had new photos done and sent them Recorded Delivery on 3 September. Today we get an email saying we were asked to send photographs and there is no record of Canadian Immigration (in London) receiving them! So we chase up the post office and find they have no record of delivering them either. So tomorrow we will send the whole lot again. I do have a question though -

As applicants who applied a few months after we did are now being processed, would you say the "prod" from Canadian immigration reminding us to send our photos is a good sign? I mean, if they were not happy with all our other paperwork wouldn't they have rejected us without asking for new photos? (Or are they just super-efficient - even if they ARE going to reject us?!!).
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:15 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost photos, been reminded

In the sense that they are looking at your case and actively pursuing it for progress - yes it is positive. And, it is unlikely that they would worry about photos unless you were on a positive track, so its good news all round except for the delay.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

sayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant futuresayonara-uk has a brilliant future

Thank you Jim, that has cheered me up (except that while waiting I started reading up on the things women are put through in the medical and that has depressed me again!).
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sayonara-uk
Thank you Jim, that has cheered me up (except that while waiting I started reading up on the things women are put through in the medical and that has depressed me again!).
Don't worry too much, I notice you have had child,
if you have done that you can do anything,
I have been reading up on that, seams to go on age as to what they do,

wish you all the best, let us know how it goes

cheers sue
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

An update.

We sent some more photos on Monday by Special Delivery to replace the ones that never got there. Just had a phone call from my other half and he read out the following email he received this afternoon:

> Medical forms and instructions
> will be mailed as soon as your photos are received and
> processed. When examinations are complete and cleared your
> passports will be requested for visa issuance.

Wha-hay!!!!!!!

Now all we have to be is healthy!