Lost passport - IEC application?

Old Dec 1st 2014, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost passport - IEC application?

Hi everyone. I will be applying for the IEC in January. I currently can't find my passport, and I know with the time it takes to replace this I won't receive my new one by the application date. I do have copies of my passport, so do you think it's ok to apply with this? Ie use the passport number and details etc? And then if the visa is approved, go over on a new passport obviously under my own name etc? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost passport - IEC application?

Originally Posted by rana1
Hi everyone. I will be applying for the IEC in January. I currently can't find my passport, and I know with the time it takes to replace this I won't receive my new one by the application date. I do have copies of my passport, so do you think it's ok to apply with this? Ie use the passport number and details etc? And then if the visa is approved, go over on a new passport obviously under my own name etc? Thanks in advance.
I believe you need to submit a copy of each page of your passport, so unless you have that too. There's also a section on the IEC website about applying with a passport you're currently renewing/replacing:

2. I am currently renewing my passport. May I submit my application with a photocopy of my previous passport and a letter stating that my passport is being renewed?

No. You must submit a photocopy of the appropriate pages of your new passport, otherwise your application will be considered incomplete.

Travel and Work in Canada | Frequently Asked Questions From the United Kingdom Students and Youth About Travel and Work in Canada | International Experience Canada

You can expedite the process for a little extra cost, there's also no guarantee that it'll actually be January the process opens
Old Dec 1st 2014, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
I believe you need to submit a copy of each page of your passport, so unless you have that too. There's also a section on the IEC website about applying with a passport you're currently renewing/replacing:

2. I am currently renewing my passport. May I submit my application with a photocopy of my previous passport and a letter stating that my passport is being renewed?

No. You must submit a photocopy of the appropriate pages of your new passport, otherwise your application will be considered incomplete.

Travel and Work in Canada | Frequently Asked Questions From the United Kingdom Students and Youth About Travel and Work in Canada | International Experience Canada

You can expedite the process for a little extra cost, there's also no guarantee that it'll actually be January the process opens
Are you sure it's every page? On the website it says the identification page?

Would that faq really apply to me? I thought that was more for people who's passport was expiring soon and needing replacing? Say somebody applied and lost their passport between receiving the visa and going to canada? They'd need to replace their passport but still be able to go right?
Old Dec 1st 2014, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rana1
Are you sure it's every page? On the website it says the identification page?

Would that faq really apply to me? I thought that was more for people who's passport was expiring soon and needing replacing? Say somebody applied and lost their passport between receiving the visa and going to canada? They'd need to replace their passport but still be able to go right?
It may have changed between when I applied for 2013 IEC, then there was a requirement as part of the CIC part to scan each stamped page of your passport.

People can apply with their passport when it's expiring before they enter and enter on a new passport, and same with if the passport is lost after applying and receiving their IEC letter of intro. I think point here is more that you're applying with a passport already lost, and that FAQ is referring to those who are renewing at the time of applying IMO rather than after completing the process. I'm sure someone like Former Lancastrian or christmasoompa will be along shortly if required and can provide their views on this if needed.