Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Lost Landing Paper and SIN problems

Lost Landing Paper and SIN problems

Old Jul 5th 2011, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Lost Landing Paper and SIN problems

I lost my landing paper and have entered under my british passport. I have spent the last week and half trying to get through to CIC. I would also appear that my SIN has been cancelled. I know needed this paper and it is vital, however is there anyway to speed up the process, of getting a replacement landing form. I have a job offer and they want this sorting out asap otherwise I am going to loose the job I have managed to get???? Will they prioritise my application in anyway.???
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:11 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost Landing Paper and SIN problems

Originally Posted by englishrose1
I lost my landing paper and have entered under my british passport. I have spent the last week and half trying to get through to CIC. I would also appear that my SIN has been cancelled. I know needed this paper and it is vital, however is there anyway to speed up the process, of getting a replacement landing form. I have a job offer and they want this sorting out asap otherwise I am going to loose the job I have managed to get???? Will they prioritise my application in anyway.???
If you know your SI number, you should find it faster to get a replacement SIN card, although all your employer needs is the number, which you fill in on your TD1 and TD1 provincial. So long as you have that they have no need to ask for anything else. Drop in a Service Canada office and they should have it sorted pretty fast. No chance of getting CIC to do anything outside of their normal time frame.

Have you not got your PR Card?
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

I have the SIN number,I went to change the address today to a permenant address today. They refused without my landing paper. They also asked me what number the SIN number started with. As in the number 5. They said my employer will not be able to employ me without them seeing a card. I never got my SIN Card. PR has not been requested yet, as I only now have a permenant address to send it to. On landing the immigration officer advised me not to put down an address if is was not a secure address. So I didnt. I was just going to send in my PR form, but again I dont have the landing paper. My bank do have landing paper document number though. The frustrated thing is I filed my landing paper so safe I lost it.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 5:18 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

If it wasn't for your bad luck, you'd not have any at all.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 5:42 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I have the SIN number,I went to change the address today to a permenant address today. They refused without my landing paper. They also asked me what number the SIN number started with. As in the number 5. They said my employer will not be able to employ me without them seeing a card. I never got my SIN Card. PR has not been requested yet, as I only now have a permenant address to send it to. On landing the immigration officer advised me not to put down an address if is was not a secure address. So I didnt. I was just going to send in my PR form, but again I dont have the landing paper. My bank do have landing paper document number though. The frustrated thing is I filed my landing paper so safe I lost it.
Not sure why the employer needs to see the card. Never experienced this, in all the years I have been here, I have never been asked for more than the number. IN the businesses I have been involved in, we have never seen a SIN card from an employee, just the number on the TD1's. You may want to ask the employer if they need the card or just the number.

Maybe time for a safety deposit box at the bank?

Last edited by Aviator; Jul 5th 2011 at 5:44 am.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok Aviator you win this one! However my luck is turning. I will update you all tomorrow.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:07 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

However my luck is turning. I will update you all tomorrow.
You're leaving Toronto?
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Went to the orginally place of issuance today, my SIN is good to go.

I am can start work without any headache.