Lost of hope

Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Lost of hope

The ACPO police cert is specificially for immigration visas for certain countries, of which Canada is one. It does ask what country you plan to visit. If you're not going to apply for BUNAC, and just want to find out what is recorded, you could request a Subject Access Request.

I don't know where you are based, but here's the link to the one for London Met. http://www.acpo.police.uk/Certificat...App%20Form.pdf It will tell you what is recorded on the PNC and it only costs £10.

What you have been told about being ok to travel as a visitor with a caution, but not to apply for BUNAC/PR is different from what I was told by the Canadian High Commission in London. They said to me that it made no difference - we needed clearance from the visa office as to inadmissibility as a visitor OR to work/PR. Who knows who is right and who is wrong, but I would get that advice in writing if I were you, to avoid any problems in the future with your BUNAC when you do decide to go ahead.