Losing my mind, just a little bit

Old May 5th 2016, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Losing my mind, just a little bit

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
First of all what is your point score right now?

Second: Why do you need PR so badly? Is your work permit running out soon?

Third, I believe the points went to 468 earlier this week with the draw (Im not 100% on that though) so they are slowly coming down. Depending on your language scores, you could redo that again or wait for the extra year of experience. If you are inland the process is going to take the 6 months ( as it looks at the moment with a lot of FSW inlanders - CIC must be backlogged)

PNP is an option but you will be waiting longer for the nomination plus as you said it will cost you another $1500
Hi Becki,

My work permit (postgraduate work permit) runs out in November. It's plenty of time but running out of time to get PR in time to not have to quit the job.

The ITA draw was at 168 points recently yes - just hope that the direction is trending downward rather than random up/down.

My problem at this point is that I'm not sure I can even get PNP anymore. I haven't received a PNP invitation thing on this EE profile despite my eligibility... I'm worried it's because I had one on a previous EE profile.. I'm ready to eat the $1500 cost (crazy at that sounds) so I don't have to leave my job in November... but I'm not sure i can even do that!
Old May 5th 2016, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johntheScot
2 weeks shy on work experience can you not count it in months round it up and call it good?

the max points for foreign work experience is 50 points, how will you get an extra 50 points? 2 weeks cant make the difference between 0 and 50 points

unless I am missing something
I currently have zero points for foreign work experience because i have 11.5 months of it. If that was at 12 it would unlock the full 50 points for me because i have good language and other scores.

I thought about rounding it up but I'm afraid of living in fear of being checked and rejected. One of the positions that contribute also doesn't have available pay stubs (paid in cash). so it could look fishy that I have exactly 12 months foreign work experience. i reckon overall It'd be fine but I'm just trying to avoid anything risky.
Old May 8th 2016, 8:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yeastery
I currently have zero points for foreign work experience because i have 11.5 months of it. If that was at 12 it would unlock the full 50 points for me because i have good language and other scores.

I thought about rounding it up but I'm afraid of living in fear of being checked and rejected. One of the positions that contribute also doesn't have available pay stubs (paid in cash). so it could look fishy that I have exactly 12 months foreign work experience. i reckon overall It'd be fine but I'm just trying to avoid anything risky.
Daft question, but can you not just fly back to the UK, do a couple of weeks temp work and then return to Canada with enough experience to get those extra 50 points?
Old May 10th 2016, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Daft question, but can you not just fly back to the UK, do a couple of weeks temp work and then return to Canada with enough experience to get those extra 50 points?
I'm currently running a charity (NOC Job Code 0) and we're at a very crucial part of our year. I don't think it would be easy to leave and come back, even for a short time, and during a less busy period.

In other news, the latest minimum CRS score just exploded up to 534 with the May 6th draw.... this feels insane. They seem to have admitted much fewer people in this past round. I was 4 points away just one draw ago, now around 80? This feels crazy. Is the quota running out or something?
Old May 10th 2016, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yeastery
I'm currently running a charity (NOC Job Code 0) and we're at a very crucial part of our year. I don't think it would be easy to leave and come back, even for a short time, and during a less busy period.

In other news, the latest minimum CRS score just exploded up to 534 with the May 6th draw.... this feels insane. They seem to have admitted much fewer people in this past round. I was 4 points away just one draw ago, now around 80? This feels crazy. Is the quota running out or something?
534! That is alarming!