Losing my mind, just a little bit

Old Apr 30th 2016, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road
Default Losing my mind, just a little bit

Hi all,

Going a little crazy over here. I've been about 4-10 points short of the last 4 Express Entry ITA draws. I keep thinking I'll get it, then discover I'm a few points shy. It's getting desperate because I need PR quite badly. Worst part is I'm about 2 weeks shy of foreign work experience of having another 50 or so points. Frustrating!

I'm eligible for the Provincial Nominee Program, and I received an NOI from them on a previous version of my express entry profile (that I have since withdrawn for unrelated reasons). My understanding was that I would receive the NOI within a few days again after making my new profile so long as Im still eligible, but there has been no invitation at all. I didn't want to pay the $1500 application fee but at this point I'd do it just to have it done with. Anyone know why I wouldn't be issued a new NOI?

Help me! I'm stressed out dealing with this all the time in the back of my mind.
Old May 3rd 2016, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Losing my mind, just a little bit

Originally Posted by yeastery
Hi all,

Going a little crazy over here. I've been about 4-10 points short of the last 4 Express Entry ITA draws. I keep thinking I'll get it, then discover I'm a few points shy. It's getting desperate because I need PR quite badly. Worst part is I'm about 2 weeks shy of foreign work experience of having another 50 or so points. Frustrating!

I'm eligible for the Provincial Nominee Program, and I received an NOI from them on a previous version of my express entry profile (that I have since withdrawn for unrelated reasons). My understanding was that I would receive the NOI within a few days again after making my new profile so long as Im still eligible, but there has been no invitation at all. I didn't want to pay the $1500 application fee but at this point I'd do it just to have it done with. Anyone know why I wouldn't be issued a new NOI?

Help me! I'm stressed out dealing with this all the time in the back of my mind.
If you're only 4-10 points short of selection it may be better to wait. The last three draws have been around 470 points but around January and before they were around 450/460 for awhile which is 10-20 points less than the current draws and so should be ok for you?
Old May 4th 2016, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
If you're only 4-10 points short of selection it may be better to wait. The last three draws have been around 470 points but around January and before they were around 450/460 for awhile which is 10-20 points less than the current draws and so should be ok for you?
Yeah that's what I've been holding out for. I'm just worried that they'll never go back down. My deadline is that my current permit is up in November and I have a job I really don't want to have to break from. I'm hoping a bridging open work permit will close the gap between work permits...
Old May 4th 2016, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Am I missing something or would just waiting 2 weeks not be the answer.
Old May 4th 2016, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Am I missing something or would just waiting 2 weeks not be the answer.
I currently live and work in Canada.
Old May 4th 2016, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I currently live and work in Canada.
Now I get it.

Could you improve your language scores?

When do you qualify for additional points for Canadian work experience?

As Shayuk has said you may find that just my waiting it will drop again especially by a few points.

Last edited by Engineer_abroad; May 4th 2016 at 7:22 am. Reason: Now i see.
Old May 4th 2016, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Now I get it.

Could you improve your language scores?

When do you qualify for additional points for Canadian work experience?

As Shayuk has said you may find that just my waiting it will drop again especially by a few points.
I'm holding out for that, yeah..

My language score is maxed. My points are going to drop a few in June when I turn 30. I think by the time I get my Canadian Work Experience up to 2 years from 1 it will be late and I'm avoiding quitting my job.

I've read that sometimes the PNP invite doesn't trigger sometimes and it's worth withdrawing/re-entiering an EE profile. Does anyone know if that's a thing?
Old May 4th 2016, 11:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm holding out for that, yeah..

My language score is maxed. My points are going to drop a few in June when I turn 30. I think by the time I get my Canadian Work Experience up to 2 years from 1 it will be late and I'm avoiding quitting my job.

I've read that sometimes the PNP invite doesn't trigger sometimes and it's worth withdrawing/re-entiering an EE profile. Does anyone know if that's a thing?
Why 2 years? Canada Experience Class (CEC) is only 1 year and from what I could see on the grid, there are a set amount of points for Canadian work experience anyway.

Sorry if I am missing something...

Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria
Determine your eligibility – Canadian Experience Class

Under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), to be awarded points for skilled work experience, you must have been:

legally allowed to work in Canada in one or more jobs listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification;
working full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), meaning 30 hours of work per week, and
working for at least one year in the 10-year period before the day we assign you points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...pic.asp?top=29

Last edited by Siouxie; May 4th 2016 at 11:43 am.
Old May 4th 2016, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Why 2 years? Canada Experience Class (CEC) is only 1 year and from what I could see on the grid, there are a set amount of points for Canadian work experience anyway.

Sorry if I am missing something...

Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria
Determine your eligibility – Canadian Experience Class

Under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), to be awarded points for skilled work experience, you must have been:

legally allowed to work in Canada in one or more jobs listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification;
working full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), meaning 30 hours of work per week, and
working for at least one year in the 10-year period before the day we assign you points.

Online Help Centre - List of questions and answers - by topic
As i understand it, the above criteria decide eligibility but overall score depends on your amount of experience, which decides whether or not you get an ITA. I'm fully eligible for CEC, I just haven't got drawn from the pool. In the CRS grid you linked to, going from 1 to 2 years of work experience takes you from 40 to 53 points. Am I understanding what you were saying right?

Thanks
Old May 4th 2016, 4:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

As i understand it, the above criteria decide eligibility but overall score depends on your amount of experience, which decides whether or not you get an ITA. I'm fully eligible for CEC, I just haven't got drawn from the pool. In the CRS grid you linked to, going from 1 to 2 years of work experience takes you from 40 to 53 points. Am I understanding what you were saying right?

Thanks
You are more than likely correct! I'm not well read on the EE points system so huge apologies if I have confused things (or rather if I was confused!)

So you are essentially saying that when you hit 2 years (plus 13 points) you will lose 5 points due to age and so would have an overall gain of 8 points? That's infuriating, sigh.

Which Province are you in, sorry I have totally forgotten.

I am sorry if I have confused things...
Old May 4th 2016, 5:18 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

So you are essentially saying that when you hit 2 years (plus 13 points) you will lose 5 points due to age and so would have an overall gain of 8 points? That's infuriating, sigh.
It sucks but that is how it is. I lost points when I turned 31.
Old May 5th 2016, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

You are more than likely correct! I'm not well read on the EE points system so huge apologies if I have confused things (or rather if I was confused!)

Which Province are you in, sorry I have totally forgotten.

I am sorry if I have confused things...
Yeah! I'm in Ontario.

It's just so annoying because prior to my entry into the pool we'd had several months of 450-455 point draws. I am just in limbo here waiting for things to change, running out of time slowly.
Old May 5th 2016, 3:45 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
It sucks but that is how it is. I lost points when I turned 31.

Sorry Siouxie, I thought the OP has written about losing points for age. It was kind of aimed at them. I must have been half asleep when I wrote that
Old May 5th 2016, 3:51 am
Bex in the city

Hi all,

First of all what is your point score right now?

Second: Why do you need PR so badly? Is your work permit running out soon?

Third, I believe the points went to 468 earlier this week with the draw (Im not 100% on that though) so they are slowly coming down. Depending on your language scores, you could redo that again or wait for the extra year of experience. If you are inland the process is going to take the 6 months ( as it looks at the moment with a lot of FSW inlanders - CIC must be backlogged)

PNP is an option but you will be waiting longer for the nomination plus as you said it will cost you another $1500
Old May 5th 2016, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

2 weeks shy on work experience can you not count it in months round it up and call it good?

the max points for foreign work experience is 50 points, how will you get an extra 50 points? 2 weeks cant make the difference between 0 and 50 points

unless I am missing something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.