Looking to move from UK to Canada

Old Mar 14th 2017, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move from UK to Canada

Originally Posted by Disrupto64
Hi Everyone,

Degree qualified, 3 years experience as a buyer for a Engineering company and currently have 2 years as an Application Engineer sizing pump systems. (another case of useless degree syndrome)

As a job I would want to continue in the engineering route.
Is your degree in an engineering subject? If not you will struggle to get licensed as an Engineer here in Canada. They love their pieces of paper and a bachelors in an engineering subject, relevant to your experience (i.e. need civil engineering degree to register as civil engineer) is a bare minimum. Even with a bachelors you may be forced to jump through some hoops depending on the province you move to.

I also picked up that you suggest doing IELTS to pick up more points (I may have red it wrong). You will need to do language to qualify for EE (yes even though English is your first language).

I would echo what others have said that IEC is the best bet. If doing skilled work here in those 2 years you would qualify for CEC and gain extra points for Canadian work experience.

Last edited by Engineer_abroad; Mar 14th 2017 at 11:42 am.