Wikiposts

Looking to mix it up.

Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Tiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enoughTiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enough
Default Looking to mix it up.

You get to a point in your life (43 yrs in my case) when you catch sight of the rest of it and you think, 'well that's one option' and without taking it all for granted you decide that something a little less predictable might be a more interesting. After a reconnaissance trip to Vancouver (visiting a good friend of mine who moved there 7 years ago) I/we were convinced that a new life in Vancouver would be a nice way to spice things up. So, here we are in the process of trying to make this a reality. Our timing could have been better I suppose (i.e. economic downturn and £ to $CAD exchange rate), but hey if it was easy then everyone would be doing it. These things take courage, planning, patience & luck. I hoping we'll be in possession of all of these and for those of you also embarking on this journey of hope - well good luck. Hope to see you in Stanley Park or half-way up the Grouse Grinde.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to mix it up.

Hi Tiger
Welcome to the forum and all the best with your future plans/application

regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi Tiger, we're going through the same process at around the same age (I've just turned 39). We're thinking it's now or never as we want the kids to come too. It's a scarey process and I sometimes wonder if we're doing the right thing but then excitement takes over. I agree that our timing hasn't been fab but then we weren't ready a few years ago and it's a good test of our resolve!!
Looking forward to hearing your updates as you go through the process.
Becky
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:05 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiger_Quimpo
You get to a point in your life (43 yrs in my case) when you catch sight of the rest of it and you think, 'well that's one option' and without taking it all for granted you decide that something a little less predictable might be a more interesting.
This was exactly the point I reached this year too (well not 43 yrs, but the sentiment )

Good luck with your plans.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi Bali2010,
We're not far behind you. Our forms will be leaving in a week or so. Whereabouts are you heading to?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck with your applications - this time next year you should have your PR's all being well.

Poppit
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 2:22 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckybev
Hi Bali2010,
We're not far behind you. Our forms will be leaving in a week or so. Whereabouts are you heading to?
Hopefully Kelowna, otherwise Vancouver or BC generally - will depend on a job hunting recce. My sister is already settled in Kelowna. I'm not expecting to hear anything from CIO 'til the New Year. Good luck with yours

Originally Posted by Poppit
Goodluck with your applications - this time next year you should have your PR's all being well.

Poppit
Wow, Poppit, just checked your timeline - only a few weeks to landing
Is that the permanent move or just to land, then follow a little later?
I would be in this state by now :
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bali2010

3 weeks and 6 days to landing, really excited. Unfortunately, have to come back to UK in January - house not sold yet, hope things pick up on the spring.

Goodluck with your application.

Poppit
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tiger_Quimpo
You get to a point in your life (43 yrs in my case) when you catch sight of the rest of it and you think, 'well that's one option' and without taking it all for granted you decide that something a little less predictable might be a more interesting. After a reconnaissance trip to Vancouver (visiting a good friend of mine who moved there 7 years ago) I/we were convinced that a new life in Vancouver would be a nice way to spice things up. So, here we are in the process of trying to make this a reality. Our timing could have been better I suppose (i.e. economic downturn and £ to $CAD exchange rate), but hey if it was easy then everyone would be doing it. These things take courage, planning, patience & luck. I hoping we'll be in possession of all of these and for those of you also embarking on this journey of hope - well good luck. Hope to see you in Stanley Park or half-way up the Grouse Grinde.
Hi Tiger,

Came to the same conclusion as you. It's now or never, also didn't want to reach old age and wonder what if.....
All papers sent to CHC 19/11 so now it's sit and wait...and wait

Good luck to you
Binty
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Tiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enoughTiger_Quimpo will become famous soon enough

For those Vancouver bound - http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/TV_Shows/Local_News

Search for 'Vancouver at 6' and soak up the chat from Ian, Gloria & Shane.

Just try not to focus too much on the weather between Nov and Feb.

T.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Poppit
Hi Bali2010

3 weeks and 6 days to landing, really excited. Unfortunately, have to come back to UK in January - house not sold yet, hope things pick up on the spring.

Goodluck with your application.

Poppit
Thanks Poppit

Have a great landing trip.