Looking for advice with my PRTD

Old Feb 25th 2021, 10:47 am
Just Joined

igotlove4bg is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Looking for advice with my PRTD

Hello there,

I am in the process of completing my PRTD form to re enter Canada. I have nearly everything ready for submission the only thing I'm 'missing' is a copy of previous passports in the 5 years before this application. I received my new passport in 2018 and unfortunately threw the expired one away, meaning I can't submit this expired one as part of the application. I don't know whether to add a note to the application explaining this or say nothing at all and hope for the best.
Will it effect my application if it isn't present? Is there anything I can do if it will?

Please help!
Thanks!
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 12:58 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for advice with my PRTD

Originally Posted by igotlove4bg
Hello there,

I am in the process of completing my PRTD form to re enter Canada. I have nearly everything ready for submission the only thing I'm 'missing' is a copy of previous passports in the 5 years before this application. I received my new passport in 2018 and unfortunately threw the expired one away, meaning I can't submit this expired one as part of the application. I don't know whether to add a note to the application explaining this or say nothing at all and hope for the best.
Will it effect my application if it isn't present? Is there anything I can do if it will?

Please help!
Thanks!
When did you become a permanent resident? Also, did you land on your previous passport or your current one?

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Mar 2nd 2021 at 1:09 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 9:03 am
Just Joined

igotlove4bg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
When did you become a permanent resident? Also, did you land on your previous passport or your current one?
I became a permanent resident in December 2014 and landed on my previous passport.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 12:09 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotlove4bg
I became a permanent resident in December 2014 and landed on my previous passport.
Then that's a potential problem IMHO. They can use your passport as a means to ensure RO compliance. In your case though, it's a limited method of doing that as the UK never stamps its own citizens, UK passports weren't stamped in the EU until recently and as a PR you may not even be stamped upon re-entry into Canada.

If you've been keeping a travel journal then all you can do is include that, an LoE explaining the situation and as much proof of RO compliance as you can. Passports do get lost from time to time so it's doubtful you will be the first time they've seen this.