Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

London waiting times increase again.

Wikiposts

London waiting times increase again.

Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London waiting times increase again.

Originally Posted by rgilbert
I received my AOR this morning quoting 39 months. The waiting time begins. I hope you receive yours soon.
Thanks. Keep waiting on the postie but nothing today.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Muncles
I sent mine on the 12th..... No AOR yet. I hope there's no problem with it! :scared:
Just checked my dates and I sent my app on the 8th Dec so maybe you will get your AOR next week.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in southampton, but now live in Milton Ontario.
peterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=Muncles]I sent mine on the 12th..... No AOR yet. I hope there's no problem with it! :scared:[/QUOT

Hiya Muncles
sent mine the same day as you, did you read the bit about what the conservative government is going to do to shake up the immigration system, do you think this is just waffle, or is there hope for us 39 monthers.
Whats your line of work ?

regards

Peter Roulston.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Muncles will become famous soon enoughMuncles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by peterroulston
did you read the bit about what the conservative government is going to do to shake up the immigration system, do you think this is just waffle, or is there hope for us 39 monthers.
Whats your line of work ?

Peter Roulston.
Hi Peter,

Yes I have read all about the pre-election promises of both parties with interest. I suspect things may change during our long, long wait. What this will be yet is pure speculation. There has been talk of things changing such as points going up etc.... I plan to brush up on my French to strengthen my application and try and claim moderate proficiency subsequently to take me to 75 points. I think it's prudent to do anything you can to strengthen your application - with all that waiting time it also gives me something to do.

According to the polls the conservatives are slightly in front - but some relatives of mine in Canada (unfortunately too distant for immigration) think the Liberals will probably get in again because of their support in Quebec. D-day is 23rd of January. Whoever gets in will have a lot of other things to worry about before they get round to immigration policy but it's certainly in both parties manifestos so changes will almost certainly happen at some point.

I'm a teacher and prior to that was a research chemist. Whatever they are in desperate need for in Canada I'll train to do. That's my plan!

I think we'll just all have to wait and see what happens.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in southampton, but now live in Milton Ontario.
peterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura aboutpeterroulston has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Muncles
Hi Peter,

Yes I have read all about the pre-election promises of both parties with interest. I suspect things may change during our long, long wait. What this will be yet is pure speculation. There has been talk of things changing such as points going up etc.... I plan to brush up on my French to strengthen my application and try and claim moderate proficiency subsequently to take me to 75 points. I think it's prudent to do anything you can to strengthen your application - with all that waiting time it also gives me something to do.

According to the polls the conservatives are slightly in front - but some relatives of mine in Canada (unfortunately too distant for immigration) think the Liberals will probably get in again because of their support in Quebec. D-day is 23rd of January. Whoever gets in will have a lot of other things to worry about before they get round to immigration policy but it's certainly in both parties manifestos so changes will almost certainly happen at some point.

I'm a teacher and prior to that was a research chemist. Whatever they are in desperate need for in Canada I'll train to do. That's my plan!

I think we'll just all have to wait and see what happens.

Hi Muncles
great minds think alike, we have just loaned from the library a berlitz beginners french course, what do you have to do to prove moderate proficiency ? give me a shout when you get your AOR.
Where are you planning to settle ?
Best wishes

Peter roulston.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peterroulston
Hi Muncles
great minds think alike, we have just loaned from the library a berlitz beginners french course, what do you have to do to prove moderate proficiency ? give me a shout when you get your AOR.
Where are you planning to settle ?
Best wishes

Peter roulston.
Hi Peter,

Definition from CIC site.

MODERATE: you can communicate comfortably in familiar social and work situations.

More information here on different levels and what's expected of you.

There is also a lot of information on this forum too. Do a few searches and you'll turn up lots of good info.

Planning on going to Edmonton for a start. Depending how it goes I may settle in Edmonton as I have family there, or I may try Vancouver. I have plenty of time to make up my mind .

Fingers crossed my AOR might plop on my doormat this week.

Take it easy!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

So when you apply the CIC is now telling you that the wait is 39 months? Their website states that 80% of cases in the most recent period were processed in 44 months.

Interestingly, this means that if you apply today, and an asteroid 2,838,112,896 kilometres away is travelling on an earth-bound trajectory at 88,000 kilometres an hour, it will hit the earth before you get to Canada.

Good luck.

Last edited by Tableland; Jan 8th 2006 at 9:43 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Scientist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys
Sent my application on 5th Dec.
Received on 6th Dec
AOR 2nd Jan, Quoting 36 months :scared:
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:22 am
Canadian Outlaw

RobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to all

Another December Application here - Sent our application on 28th Dec.
Received on 29th Dec

No response yet - and I know they haven't cashed my Bank Draft yet.

Me - my wife and 2 kids are headed to Saint John NB - having done a road trip of the Maritimes last summer. Would welcome comments from other future New Brunswickers.

In the meantime - best sitback and hope an AOR turns up in the next month or so.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tableland
So when you apply the CIC is now telling you that the wait is 39 months? Their website states that 80% of cases in the most recent period were processed in 44 months.

Interestingly, this means that if you apply today, and an asteroid 2,838,112,896 kilometres away is travelling on an earth-bound trajectory at 88,000 kilometres an hour, it will hit the earth before you get to Canada.

Good luck.
Oh well when you put it like that......................I'd best put my feet up.