London Passport Drop

Old Jun 13th 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Passport Drop

By God my application has not been straight forward!!! I need to take our passports to London my hubby is main applicant. Can I take them on behalf of us all? Has anyone done this and do I need him to write a letter for me to take as well giving me permission. I can only use the 2 week drop as my hubby will need to his passport back to be able to come home in July- we cant wait until he is back as it is too near the deadline.

I have seen one or two other posts and the gist seems that I have to go on a Thursday between 2 -3 to London with them.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: London Passport Drop

Originally Posted by samjr400
By God my application has not been straight forward!!! I need to take our passports to London my hubby is main applicant. Can I take them on behalf of us all? Has anyone done this and do I need him to write a letter for me to take as well giving me permission. I can only use the 2 week drop as my hubby will need to his passport back to be able to come home in July- we cant wait until he is back as it is too near the deadline.

I have seen one or two other posts and the gist seems that I have to go on a Thursday between 2 -3 to London with them.
I used this service last year and it worked well. I think it was at 2pm on Thursdays. Anyone can drop the passports off but you need to take a letter authorising you to collect them when you return two weeks later.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jun 14th 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Martin99
I used this service last year and it worked well. I think it was at 2pm on Thursdays. Anyone can drop the passports off but you need to take a letter authorising you to collect them when you return two weeks later.

Cheers

Martin
you have been on here a good while now!! When are you moving - we have March 2011 earmarked!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

you have been on here a good while now!! When are you moving - we have March 2011 earmarked!
We are landing at Vancouver in August and hope to make the move during 2011.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

We are landing at Vancouver in August and hope to make the move during 2011.

Cheers

Martin
I think when we land we will stay - I dont want to waste money on more flights etc. Hopefully we will be organised enough. I am trying to be good now and make lots of notes and reminders to help later on!!

I am try to plan as much as possible to make life easier as hubby is away working on and off in Afghanistan til ? Jan. Not that he would be much help with organisational side anyway!!! We have until April next year.

It is getting very exciting now x
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

I think when we land we will stay - I dont want to waste money on more flights etc. Hopefully we will be organised enough. I am trying to be good now and make lots of notes and reminders to help later on!!

I am try to plan as much as possible to make life easier as hubby is away working on and off in Afghanistan til ? Jan. Not that he would be much help with organisational side anyway!!! We have until April next year.

It is getting very exciting now x
Why Manitoba? Do you have ties there?

Cheers

Martin
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Why Manitoba? Do you have ties there?

Cheers

Martin
We hear that a lot!!!! lol Recently the shipping company said "we dont get many requests for Manitoba"!!!! Slightly unerving. I was also talking to a Doctor the other day who originally came from Vancouver - he told me to visit in November and said I would change my mind!!!

We have friends who emigrated from England about 15 years ago. They bought a farm over there and we intend to buy a hobby farm. They are really good folks and I am sure will be able to help us a lot. We visited there for 3 weeks last year and they people in the area were so friendly.

One of the swaying factors was it is a good place to start as we know people, the other was the house/land prices are more favourable than some other parts.

We have had various debates about the weather and I like sunshine - and from what we have seen it shines at lot even when it is freezing cold. Not too sure how I will get on with the extreme cold but I certainly wont know until i try. I originally wanted Nova Scotia my hubby has always wanted Manitoba - he won as Nova Scotia will be damper!!!!

I like in the Yorkshire Dales - so I think I might miss the hills here !!! lol

What about you why Vancouver?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

We hear that a lot!!!! lol Recently the shipping company said "we dont get many requests for Manitoba"!!!! Slightly unerving. I was also talking to a Doctor the other day who originally came from Vancouver - he told me to visit in November and said I would change my mind!!!

We have friends who emigrated from England about 15 years ago. They bought a farm over there and we intend to buy a hobby farm. They are really good folks and I am sure will be able to help us a lot. We visited there for 3 weeks last year and they people in the area were so friendly.

One of the swaying factors was it is a good place to start as we know people, the other was the house/land prices are more favourable than some other parts.

We have had various debates about the weather and I like sunshine - and from what we have seen it shines at lot even when it is freezing cold. Not too sure how I will get on with the extreme cold but I certainly wont know until i try. I originally wanted Nova Scotia my hubby has always wanted Manitoba - he won as Nova Scotia will be damper!!!!

I like in the Yorkshire Dales - so I think I might miss the hills here !!! lol

What about you why Vancouver?
That sounds like a good reason. I like the idea of all that space. The cold you can get used to. We used to live in Ohio where it was very cold in the winter but they are geared up for it.

I think we are left with a choice between Toronto and Vancouver as I work in private equity and my industry really only takes place in those two cities. My wife is a psychotherapist. We have visited Toronto several times but do not know Vancouver at all. That is why we are going over in August. We have not yet finally decided on which location so we hope the trip will help us decide.

Cheers

Martin
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Caveo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you like the rain, the whole of Western Canada has been a washout this year, never seen anything like it. Coming from Yorkshire you'll be all right in Manitoba, I think I'm the only Yorkshireman in SW corner of Manitoba, and the locals haven't quite found me out yet!