Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

London - Mar 04 AOR - Meds Received

London - Mar 04 AOR - Meds Received

Old Jul 29th 2005, 11:59 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Re: London - Mar 04 AOR - Meds Received

Congrats!!!
New hope to all of us Marchies waiting...
Old Jul 29th 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fi_broon
No change to e-client. Didn't even think to check until you mentioned it.

Fi
Hi, are you still on cloud 9 ? You seem to be the only lucky one this week, we have been looking out for the postman since Monday, but to no avail ! I wonder if we can make out a pattern for their processing, do you mind telling us where you are headed and what type of occupation you have ? Perhaps this is the key for their processing

Still one is better than none at all
Old Jul 29th 2005, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

fi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stainedglasslady
Hi, are you still on cloud 9 ? You seem to be the only lucky one this week, we have been looking out for the postman since Monday, but to no avail ! I wonder if we can make out a pattern for their processing, do you mind telling us where you are headed and what type of occupation you have ? Perhaps this is the key for their processing

Still one is better than none at all
Hi there,

Still grinning We have our medicals booked for Tues in Oxford (Birmingham couldn't get us in for a month) and ordered our draft for landing fees yesterday. What a fiasco that was. Our bank is in scotland and there is only one branch here in birmingham and they insisted that they couldn't give us a draft in Canadian Dollars (hubby went..didn't argue ) so we ended up having to order over the phone. I'm hoping our PPR comes in the time we are seeing at the mo (super quick 3-4 weeks) as the lease on the house runs out on 27th sept. I have 1 weeks leave left so only have to give 3 weeks notice. We juat have to get our backside in gear now and sell all of our belongings.

As for profession, I'm a Senior Test Engineer in the automotive industry and I know that Ontario supplies more to the industry in the US than the US itself, so I don't know if that had any effect.

Fi
Old Jul 29th 2005, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fi_broon
Hi there,

Still grinning We have our medicals booked for Tues in Oxford (Birmingham couldn't get us in for a month) and ordered our draft for landing fees yesterday. What a fiasco that was. Our bank is in scotland and there is only one branch here in birmingham and they insisted that they couldn't give us a draft in Canadian Dollars (hubby went..didn't argue ) so we ended up having to order over the phone. I'm hoping our PPR comes in the time we are seeing at the mo (super quick 3-4 weeks) as the lease on the house runs out on 27th sept. I have 1 weeks leave left so only have to give 3 weeks notice. We juat have to get our backside in gear now and sell all of our belongings.

As for profession, I'm a Senior Test Engineer in the automotive industry and I know that Ontario supplies more to the industry in the US than the US itself, so I don't know if that had any effect.

Fi
Hi, thanks for letting us know, perhaps we can start piecing things together in our giant puzzle of Canadian Immigration processing and their prioritization of applications.

You are going to have a couple of really crazy weeks, do let us know how you are coping (if you get any time ) and good luck with everything
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:46 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

I had hoped occupation may speed applications in a way, after seeing a policeman last year get processed in 6 months!.
My husband has only had two jobs, both in sort after occupations according to the BC most wanted list. This has not sped things up at all. I think if we had found the key to processing, none of us would be on here asking when and why? They do not have a pattern, no family or person is the same. We are all ages all occupations and are applying singularly of as family of four or five or more. Good news is everyday we are closer than the day before!
It is at least nice to see a March applicant hearing something.

QUOTE=stainedglasslady]Hi, are you still on cloud 9 ? You seem to be the only lucky one this week, we have been looking out for the postman since Monday, but to no avail ! I wonder if we can make out a pattern for their processing, do you mind telling us where you are headed and what type of occupation you have ? Perhaps this is the key for their processing

Still one is better than none at all [/QUOTE]
Old Jul 31st 2005, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future

Congratulations and best of luck with the rest of the process.

Its good to see March files being dealt with as we are AOR 17th March 04.

Regards

Sher
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

dreamer04 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Bleech]Wow fantastic news mate! Congratulations!
Now I'm getting scared

Be scared be very scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We have been soaking the sun in Spain for 2 weeks wondering if we have any news at home. And guess what, we had medical requests waiting for us. (5th March 04)yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :scared:
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=dreamer04]
Originally Posted by Bleech
Wow fantastic news mate! Congratulations!
Now I'm getting scared

Be scared be very scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We have been soaking the sun in Spain for 2 weeks wondering if we have any news at home. And guess what, we had medical requests waiting for us. (5th March 04)yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :scared:
Congratulations , things are now hotting up for March AOR's, 2 down and many to go, how many of us keep watching for the posty with his brown envelopes every morning, now things are getting interesting ?

Please can I ask what area you are looking to go and what type of occupation you have ? Still trying to piece together the puzzle of 'order of processing' ! There is probably not any particular order, just top of the pile. It just gives us something to do during the LONG WAIT !!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

gopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant future

congrats that is very good news...could i just ask if you have a job offer...we are also aor march 04 in london but got offered a job on a temp work permit and so have been in alberta for 5 months now.the imm solicitor we are using informed us a couple of days ago that we were now looking to another 12 months before residency would be granted i dont know whether we are just put to the bottom of the pile as we are already in canada or whether the people we employed are particularly incompetent...but totally and utterly razzed off pretty much describes our feelings at the moment
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=stainedglasslady]
Originally Posted by dreamer04

Please can I ask what area you are looking to go and what type of occupation you have ?
We are hopefully going to Barrie Ontario. My husband is the main applicant and is a self employed painter & decorator. He does not have a job offer or anything other than a skilled worker application. I don`t think there is an "order" of process it`s pot luck who gets it and when!
Hope you get yours soon.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gopher
congrats that is very good news...could i just ask if you have a job offer...we are also aor march 04 in london but got offered a job on a temp work permit and so have been in alberta for 5 months now.the imm solicitor we are using informed us a couple of days ago that we were now looking to another 12 months before residency would be granted i dont know whether we are just put to the bottom of the pile as we are already in canada or whether the people we employed are particularly incompetent...but totally and utterly razzed off pretty much describes our feelings at the moment
No job offer. Hopefully yours will come soon. Just think it takes a few more days to get to you as you are there already so you never know!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=dreamer04]
Originally Posted by stainedglasslady

We are hopefully going to Barrie Ontario. My husband is the main applicant and is a self employed painter & decorator. He does not have a job offer or anything other than a skilled worker application. I don`t think there is an "order" of process it`s pot luck who gets it and when!
Hope you get yours soon.
Thanks for letting me know about Ontario, we are hoping to head to Vancouver Island, we have never been to the East Coast of Canada, what made you choose there ? Everyone on this forum is so nice and helpful, it doesn't seem like you are all on your own. Good luck with your meds, let us know how you get on.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

fi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone for all the congrats. And congrats to those who have also had good news.

We went for our medicals in Oxford on Tuesday. Everything went fine except my OH had high blood pressure (too high) and was told he had to go and see a cardiologist for further tests. Needless to say, he was devestated.

Well, he went to the cardiologist last night and all BP readings were fine. His ECG was clear and we are waiting the results of the bloods, but the cardiologist was of the opinion that everything was fine.

So, after a small delay we're back on...the cardiologists report will be forwarded to the DMP at the start of next week, and our med results to CHC shortly after.

I've gone through all sorts of emotions this week, from excitement at getting the meds, to nerves, to depression at oh's result to being mega excited again. I am going to give my boss fore warning of us leaving as soon as I get feedback on the results from both docs and I'm really dreading that....

Hopefully not long to wait and then it'll be the start of the rest of our lives.

Fi
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=stainedglasslady]
Originally Posted by dreamer04

Thanks for letting me know about Ontario, we are hoping to head to Vancouver Island, we have never been to the East Coast of Canada, what made you choose there ? Everyone on this forum is so nice and helpful, it doesn't seem like you are all on your own. Good luck with your meds, let us know how you get on.
We fell in love with Barrie when we last visited. Check out http://www.barrietourism.on.ca/ Its an up and coming town and is getting popular so we hope prices don`t go up too much. (live8 was there last month). I also have close family in Newmarket which is not far away. The are ex pats and have been out there for 12 years or so now.
I have never been to Vancouver either but have put it on my holiday destination list. It looks a beautiful place.
Will let you know about the meds. Need to go to the gym now!!!!!!!!!!!! (next 2 weeks flat out i think)