London CHC, Yearly Visa Limit

Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default London CHC, Yearly Visa Limit

Does anybody know what is the Visa Cap for london office? ie maximum number of visa's they issue from London CHC.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London CHC, Yearly Visa Limit

Reportedly it's about 12,500 for skilled worker visas. I don't know if that's for all nationalities that CHC process, or just for British applicants with seperate quotas for other countries.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

T@m@s is an unknown quantity at this point

According to an article from a Vancouver Povince newspaper (Wednesday, May 25, 2005):
"In London, England, 56,000 people are waiting to be processed as skilled workers. The target set by Ottawa is 12,600."

Many people on the Net are using this article as some kind of reference.
The article also questioning why the processing times vary based on national origin.
I don't know enough about about the internal working of CIC in London or in Ottawa - nobody does on this forum, I guess - so I do not dare to go in to that kind of discussion, so maybe it is true, maybe not.
But the article is written from a "one point of view", as many other sensational-articles and makes the whole process a bit black or white.

What about background check? I am applying from a country with a population a bit over 5 million and a very good infrastructure.
What about an other country with 1 billion people and a not so good infrastructure. And today we have several countries that just came out of some war and there political system is in disorder. I imagine the government has trouble enough to get the internal politics working, than answering unimportant(at least for them) background requests from another side of the globe. I can takes years.

I believe, they are fair enough with the selection process - if I wouldn't, I shouln't apply right?
Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by T@m@s
According to an article from a Vancouver Povince newspaper (Wednesday, May 25, 2005):
"In London, England, 56,000 people are waiting to be processed as skilled workers. The target set by Ottawa is 12,600."

Many people on the Net are using this article as some kind of reference.
The article also questioning why the processing times vary based on national origin.
I don't know enough about about the internal working of CIC in London or in Ottawa - nobody does on this forum, I guess - so I do not dare to go in to that kind of discussion, so maybe it is true, maybe not.
But the article is written from a "one point of view", as many other sensational-articles and makes the whole process a bit black or white.

What about background check? I am applying from a country with a population a bit over 5 million and a very good infrastructure.
What about an other country with 1 billion people and a not so good infrastructure. And today we have several countries that just came out of some war and there political system is in disorder. I imagine the government has trouble enough to get the internal politics working, than answering unimportant(at least for them) background requests from another side of the globe. I can takes years.

I believe, they are fair enough with the selection process - if I wouldn't, I shouln't apply right?
oh my god, 56,000 already waiting in may. i applied in aug2005, so mine must be about the 80,000th or something. My AOR States 36 month before i hear anything.

regarding what is fair and unfair, those things are not in our hands and will never be. so why ever bother questioning them at all. A better lifestyle is what most people for. As someone said..."There will always be rich and poor, rich in money, poor in money, rich in love, poor in love...".

Does you what the current level of applicats is at London CHC?
Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Does you what the current level of applicats is at London CHC?
What do you mean by level?
Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

My AOR States 36 month before i hear anything.
Yeah, I have to wonder about those numbers: if they're true then CHC should be giving out AoRs with far more than a 36 month expected wait.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

What do you mean by level?

by level i mean what is the number of applicants as of now, and the number of applications already cleared this year
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkG
Yeah, I have to wonder about those numbers: if they're true then CHC should be giving out AoRs with far more than a 36 month expected wait.
maybe it is because, there would some rejections or withdrawals. also 36 months would be for IA, atleast that is what i think. actual visa's would be issued much later i suppose

regs
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gee - was just doing some calculations, feeling awful about it. With 56,000 applicants waiting to be processed in may 2005, plus approx 5000 applicants(I am not sure of the 5000 figure, just approximating) a month would make it 71,000 applicants in Aug 2005,

Dividing 71,000 by 12,600(visa cap for london CHC) gives 5 and half years wait for aug2005 applicants for getting a PPR.

quite scary isn't it?

regs
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Dividing 71,000 by 12,600(visa cap for london CHC) gives 5 and half years wait for aug2005 applicants for getting a PPR.
Yes, but then again, background check! It is very different when applicants gets the the results back - I mean when London or Ottawa gets the results back - from all the countries where the applicants was resident since filled 18.
In my case it is two european country, but it could be more or less.

That is why it is not about mathematics, if it was we could easily calculate the time we get the final decision.
Would be nice though!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, but then again, background check! It is very different when applicants gets the the results back - I mean when London or Ottawa gets the results back - from all the countries where the applicants was resident since filled 18.
In my case it is two european country, but it could be more or less.

That is why it is not about mathematics, if it was we could easily calculate the time we get the final decision.
Would be nice though!
yea, it is not just about mathematics... lucky for us to have stable gov in the countries we are or have been... I have resided in 2 countries for long, and visited a 3rd for a small time.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Gee - was just doing some calculations, feeling awful about it. With 56,000 applicants waiting to be processed in may 2005, plus approx 5000 applicants(I am not sure of the 5000 figure, just approximating) a month would make it 71,000 applicants in Aug 2005,

quite scary isn't it?

regs
I was wondered something which may further complicate the calcs:
56,000 applicants or applications? Each application could be a request for more than one visa - say a family with 2 kids - could be 4 visas out of the 12,600 from CIC London????
Hope I'm wrong????

Nik
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NikkiNu
I was wondered something which may further complicate the calcs:
56,000 applicants or applications?...
Good point, the frase "56,000 people are waiting to be processed" could mean the primary applicant but also the total number of applicants.
I certainly hope for the second, huh:scared:
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Supposedly there were 18,500 applications in the queue at the end of last year, so I'd be surprised if that had jumped to 56,000 in a few months. Of course all these numbers could be bogus anyway.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget, guys, the different types of visas - skilled worker, business, work permits, study permits, PNP - these will all be dealt with on a priority basis, ie. work permits dealt with within 1 month, etc.
Maybe try getting a job and go on a work permit whilst the PR is ticking away on the background? You'll get there a lot quicker.

DON'T PANIC!!!! YOU'LL GET THERE EVENTUALLY!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.