Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Local Visa Processing Time - Submitting Visa locally in Canada

Local Visa Processing Time - Submitting Visa locally in Canada

Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

ributnaga is on a distinguished road
Default Local Visa Processing Time - Submitting Visa locally in Canada

I had posted a related question but decided that this may be more useful as a new post.

Where is the page on the CIC site that states the average processing time for submitting visa applications locally in Canada? In my case I am looking for FSW processing times for those submitted in Canada locally.

The only page I saw was the times for the various embassies
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp
I swear I saw one time a page that showed processing times for those done in Canada. Unless I was dreaming it

Or is it that if I was applying for an FSW for an example, I technically still need to submit the application to the Canadian Consulate in UK eventhough I am in Canada on a Temporary Workers Visa.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Local Visa Processing Time - Submitting Visa locally in Canada

Originally Posted by ributnaga
Where is the page on the CIC site that states the average processing time for submitting visa applications locally in Canada? In my case I am looking for FSW processing times for those submitted in Canada locally.
No such page, because you can't do it! You will send it to Sydney (NS) for initial checks, but it will then be forwarded to your visa office for processing, which will either be London (assuming you are a UKC), or Buffalo if you've been admitted to Canada for a year or more. You can choose which of the two is your visa office, but there aren't any visa offices inside Canada.

HTH.

Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No such page, because you can't do it! You will send it to Sydney (NS) for initial checks, but it will then be forwarded to your visa office for processing, which will either be London (assuming you are a UKC), or Buffalo if you've been admitted to Canada for a year or more. You can choose which of the two is your visa office, but there aren't any visa offices inside Canada.
Aha! I really must have dreamt about this mystical local processing time page then

I have heard that the Buffalo office has the faster processing time, is that simply hearsay? I'd probably just wait a year and begin my application to qualify for it to be processed there if that was the case.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ributnaga
I have heard that the Buffalo office has the faster processing time, is that simply hearsay? I'd probably just wait a year and begin my application to qualify for it to be processed there if that was the case.
Buffalo is usually longer than London, but it will depend. And you don't need to wait a year to apply via Buffalo if that's your choice of visa office, you can apply straight away - you just need to have been legally admitted to Canada for at least one year (i.e. have a 2 year TWP) to qualify for processing there.

HTH.

Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for reply. That has clarified it for me!