Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Are LMO's necesscary for Saskatchewan??

Are LMO's necesscary for Saskatchewan??

Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:13 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are LMO's necesscary for Saskatchewan??

We have just had an email from OH's future employers wife who is kindly keeping us up to date with the LMO process. She said that Richard will be sent his contract in the next week with a cover letter and that all we have to do is send it to the SINP office in Regina and that no LMO is necesscary as there is a new simplified process?

I am really confused as others on here are currently applying for LMO through Regina office so why will it be different for us

Would they be correct in saying this. She gave me a number to phone for Foreign Workers but I could only get an answer machine so I thought I would try you lot.

Hopefully Jim Humphries or Andrew Miller are lurking.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are LMO's necesscary for Saskatchewan??

Al

Check this out and maybe play around on the government site

Gay
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Al

Check this out and maybe play around on the government site

Gay
Thanks Gay - i might have known you'd answer me.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
Thanks Gay - i might have known you'd answer me.
What cos am only saddo sat here all night
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by burton bunch
What cos am only saddo sat here all night
Not at all my dear - its cos you are always trying your best to help the rest of us saddos. Cant believe 30 people have read my post and only little old you has replied - the cheek of them. Dont they know we reply to posts whether we know anything about the actual subject matter or not
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all my dear - its cos you are always trying your best to help the rest of us saddos. Cant believe 30 people have read my post and only little old you has replied - the cheek of them. Dont they know we reply to posts whether we know anything about the actual subject matter or not
I know nothing to help, but we always stop by to say hi!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
I know nothing to help, but we always stop by to say hi!
Gee thanks Rob - I have two friends now
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks hun

Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, us saddos must look out for each other!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

DOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant future

We have just had an email from OH's future employers wife who is kindly keeping us up to date with the LMO process. She said that Richard will be sent his contract in the next week with a cover letter and that all we have to do is send it to the SINP office in Regina and that no LMO is necesscary as there is a new simplified process?

I am really confused as others on here are currently applying for LMO through Regina office so why will it be different for us

Would they be correct in saying this. She gave me a number to phone for Foreign Workers but I could only get an answer machine so I thought I would try you lot.

Hopefully Jim Humphries or Andrew Miller are lurking.
Hi Al,

I am currently on LMO exemption, but it is only temporary, my LMO proper application is in and I expect it out any day now. I also know of one other who's lawyer got them an LMO exemption whilst their application proper was in progress. It meant that we could cross at point of entry and get 4 month work permits. Your lawyer needs to be s**t hot to get this through apparantly and really needs to sell the urgency of the job, and that, by bringing you in now, you will create both value to the economy and jobs for Canadians...I'm in HR so the latter worked for me.....I trust this helps...

Cheers

DObbie
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by DOBBIE
Hi Al,

I am currently on LMO exemption, but it is only temporary, my LMO proper application is in and I expect it out any day now. I also know of one other who's lawyer got them an LMO exemption whilst their application proper was in progress. It meant that we could cross at point of entry and get 4 month work permits. Your lawyer needs to be s**t hot to get this through apparantly and really needs to sell the urgency of the job, and that, by bringing you in now, you will create both value to the economy and jobs for Canadians...I'm in HR so the latter worked for me.....I trust this helps...

Cheers

DObbie
Thanks Dobbie - we aren't even using a lawyer it seems to be all down to the employer. I wonder is this what is happening to us then - LMO exemption?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

DOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant future

Thanks Dobbie - we aren't even using a lawyer it seems to be all down to the employer. I wonder is this what is happening to us then - LMO exemption?
Hi Al,

Probably, it was my employer's lawyer that sorted it so I can imagine that's what their doing.......

Good luck

Cheers

Dobbie
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

schumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really nice

You have 3 mates now, see you are not Billy No Mates!
How did you get on in Regina, we had our poss LMO today, 13 weeks nearly
Worth the wait
Julie
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by schumachergal
You have 3 mates now, see you are not Billy No Mates!
How did you get on in Regina, we had our poss LMO today, 13 weeks nearly
Worth the wait
Julie
Hey Julie

Wonderful news on getting your LMO - Woo Hoo!!!
So what are the plans now?

Rob.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:57 pm

Well we finally received the contract of employmnet yesterday and it also included a form which is part of the PNP pack for Saskatchewan, the employer had already filled this in. We phoned him last night and he said all we had to do was send this form to the Regina Immigration office and then we could go to London and pick up our WP. I told my OH that this all sounded very dodgy and to phone the Immigration office himself. So when he did she told him the exact same story that they had told us when we visited it on our recciein June....that PNP forms wouldnt even be looked at for 6-9 months and LMO would be quickest route. But for some reason she has told the employer a complete diferent story. This means we could have been 3-4 weeks into the LMO process instead of being back to square one.
We are phoning the employer back tonight again to see how he got on with them...so keep praying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.