Wikiposts

LMO Winnipeg

Old May 24th 2009, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default LMO Winnipeg

Hi,

I am waiting for an LMO to come back from Winnipeg does anyone have any recent experience for how long it will take?

Also is it correct that I don't need a copy of it for my work permit just the number?
Does anyone also know how long temporary work permits are taking at the moment?

Cheers
Old May 24th 2009, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: LMO Winnipeg

Colin,

check the CIC homepage. Vegreville currently takes 103 days processing for Work Permits if you stay with your employer you are already working for. New WP's are faster.

Search for "LMO" here in the community and you'll find many people waiting for LMO's since 7-9 weeks. That's the current processing time in Ontario, Alberta and as far as I know also in other provinces.

Good luck!
Old May 25th 2009, 7:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mermaid3011
Vegreville currently takes 103 days processing for Work Permits if you stay with your employer you are already working for.
He doesn't say in his post that he is already working in Canada? So Vegreville may not be applicable anyway.

Colin, LMO's are currently taking anywhere from a week to 6 months, it just depends on the province and how good the application is i.e. how much proof of advertising etc your employer provides.

Assuming you are still in the UK, the TWP will take approx 6-8 weeks if you apply via London, or if you need it sooner then you can apply at POE.

Old May 25th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
He doesn't say in his post that he is already working in Canada? So Vegreville may not be applicable anyway.

Colin, LMO's are currently taking anywhere from a week to 6 months, it just depends on the province and how good the application is i.e. how much proof of advertising etc your employer provides.

Assuming you are still in the UK, the TWP will take approx 6-8 weeks if you apply via London, or if you need it sooner then you can apply at POE.

You are so right! Sorry! I totally forgot about the cases that aren't processed in Canada...
Old May 25th 2009, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice

How does the POE thing work then because I'm gonna complicate things cos my wife is American and we intend to come in from the USA. What sort of documentation will I need at the border?
Old May 25th 2009, 8:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colin2496
How does the POE thing work then because I'm gonna complicate things cos my wife is American and we intend to come in from the USA. What sort of documentation will I need at the border?
Have a read of the Wiki (on blue bar at the top of the page), there is an article there on 'Where to apply for TWP' which will tell you what you need.

Old May 25th 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

OK thanks for that

Cheers