LMO, TWP and IEC

Old Dec 18th 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO, TWP and IEC

Hi Guys,

I have an issue... Basically I am in canada under the IEC program and would like to extend my stay for another year until i apply for my PR... but I have recently just took a look at the new eligibility criteria and it has added this "the time spent outside the UK must not exceed 18 months" I have been outside the uk for around 18months or more now.. so I have a couple of options, I could apply to the IEC again this year and hope that they grant me a 2nd visa, they did the same last year as I had also been out the uk for 18 months + ... Or I could apply for a TWP.. The only thing about the TWP is I don't know anything about getting one, I don't know how difficult it is going to be, how long it takes etc so I am asking if anyone could give me info on this that would be great.

Also the same for a labour market opinion and how difficult it is going to be for me to receive one.. I realize that I would have to get my employer to send it off. I also wanted to know whats the average processing times for receiving a TWP?? and where do I get my employer to apply for this?? Plus any ideas on whether I should just go for it and apply for the IEC again or go for a TWP?

I am a web developer in a small community I don't know if this would have any effect on how difficult it will be to receive a LMO?

Any ideas, info or suggestions would be very helpful - thanks in advance.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 10:40 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LMO, TWP and IEC

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
Hi Guys,

I have an issue... Basically I am in canada under the IEC program and would like to extend my stay for another year until i apply for my PR... but I have recently just took a look at the new eligibility criteria and it has added this "the time spent outside the UK must not exceed 18 months" I have been outside the uk for around 18months or more now.. so I have a couple of options, I could apply to the IEC again this year and hope that they grant me a 2nd visa, they did the same last year as I had also been out the uk for 18 months + ... Or I could apply for a TWP.. The only thing about the TWP is I don't know anything about getting one, I don't know how difficult it is going to be, how long it takes etc so I am asking if anyone could give me info on this that would be great.

Also the same for a labour market opinion and how difficult it is going to be for me to receive one.. I realize that I would have to get my employer to send it off. I also wanted to know whats the average processing times for receiving a TWP?? and where do I get my employer to apply for this?? Plus any ideas on whether I should just go for it and apply for the IEC again or go for a TWP?

I am a web developer in a small community I don't know if this would have any effect on how difficult it will be to receive a LMO?

Any ideas, info or suggestions would be very helpful - thanks in advance.
Getting the TWP is trivial. Its getting the LMO to enable you to get the TWP that is the sticking point.

Got to get your employer to advertise the job on jobbank.gc.ca and find no Canadians or PRs who can do the job. If so then he can submit the LMO application to HRSDC and hopefully some weeks later you get a positive LMO, then apply through the post for your brand spanking new TWP.

Processing time for LMO is anything from a couple of weeks up to a few months. Processing time for TWP is irrelevant as you enter implied status if you are waiting for a decision and your current permit expires, so you can keep working (so long as you don't leave Canada). But for your information is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Full details on the LMO can be found here: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace..._workers.shtml
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by BTJ
Getting the TWP is trivial. Its getting the LMO to enable you to get the TWP that is the sticking point.

Got to get your employer to advertise the job on jobbank.gc.ca and find no Canadians or PRs who can do the job. If so then he can submit the LMO application to HRSDC and hopefully some weeks later you get a positive LMO, then apply through the post for your brand spanking new TWP.

Processing time for LMO is anything from a couple of weeks up to a few months. Processing time for TWP is irrelevant as you enter implied status if you are waiting for a decision and your current permit expires, so you can keep working (so long as you don't leave Canada). But for your information is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Full details on the LMO can be found here: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace..._workers.shtml
Not quite as IEC visa are NOT extendable you cannot continue working while waiting for a decision on a work permit/LMO.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:42 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PMM
Not quite as IEC visa are NOT extendable you cannot continue working while waiting for a decision on a work permit/LMO.
Bugger, fair point! In that case, in the event the TWP processing time will be close to or more than the remaining time on your IEC permit simply go on a trip to the US and re-enter using the LMO to apply for a new TWP.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Not sure where you are but Alberta LMO is taking as long as 3 months in some cases.