LMO - Should my name be on it?

Old May 30th 2012, 4:29 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
where2now's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Wee hoose on the Prairie, MB
Posts: 44
where2now will become famous soon enough
Default LMO - Should my name be on it?

Hi All

A question for those who know about the LMO, I have searched the threads and have only found 1 reference to this and would like clarification.

I'm due out later this month and have received a copy of an LMO covering 10 vacancies of which I am no 5. My employer's lawyer stated that he would need to send another LMO through to me as this one didn't have my name on it, however they are now telling me that I don't require another LMO as this one has a confirmation number on it

Don't want to have problems getting TWP @ POE due to this not having my name on it if this is indeed a requirement.

Advice greatly appreciated.
where2now is offline  
Old May 30th 2012, 4:32 pm
  #2  
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,609
AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by where2now
Hi All

A question for those who know about the LMO, I have searched the threads and have only found 1 reference to this and would like clarification.

I'm due out later this month and have received a copy of an LMO covering 10 vacancies of which I am no 5. My employer's lawyer stated that he would need to send another LMO through to me as this one didn't have my name on it, however they are now telling me that I don't require another LMO as this one has a confirmation number on it

Don't want to have problems getting TWP @ POE due to this not having my name on it if this is indeed a requirement.

Advice greatly appreciated.
Does it not mention your name at all on the LMO paperwork - just a list of numbers?
AmyDavid is offline  
Old May 30th 2012, 4:36 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
where2now's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Wee hoose on the Prairie, MB
Posts: 44
where2now will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Does it not mention your name at all on the LMO paperwork - just a list of numbers?
No my name isn't mentioned anywhere on the document, thanks.
where2now is offline  
Old May 30th 2012, 4:42 pm
  #4  
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,609
AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by where2now
No my name isn't mentioned anywhere on the document, thanks.
is anyone elses?
AmyDavid is offline  
Old May 30th 2012, 6:05 pm
  #5  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Hi


Originally Posted by where2now
Hi All

A question for those who know about the LMO, I have searched the threads and have only found 1 reference to this and would like clarification.

I'm due out later this month and have received a copy of an LMO covering 10 vacancies of which I am no 5. My employer's lawyer stated that he would need to send another LMO through to me as this one didn't have my name on it, however they are now telling me that I don't require another LMO as this one has a confirmation number on it

Don't want to have problems getting TWP @ POE due to this not having my name on it if this is indeed a requirement.

Advice greatly appreciated.
1. No need to get your knickers in a knot, you are fine.
2. Read the following Operational Bulletin regarding names on LMOS.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2011/ob310.asp
PMM is offline  
Old May 30th 2012, 6:21 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
where2now's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Wee hoose on the Prairie, MB
Posts: 44
where2now will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi




1. No need to get your knickers in a knot, you are fine.
2. Read the following Operational Bulletin regarding names on LMOS.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2011/ob310.asp
Hi and many thanks....knickers untied

Just goes to show you can never do enough research
where2now is offline  
Old May 30th 2012, 11:56 pm
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 771
GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

As long as you have a offer of employment (an original, not a photocopy or fax) you should be fine.
Good luck.
GC44 is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 12:09 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
roflwell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Victoria, BC (was Rothwell, UK)
Posts: 110
roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by GC44
As long as you have a offer of employment (an original, not a photocopy or fax) you should be fine.
Good luck.
Interesting (sorry for hijacking...) - does this mean I'd have to get the company to mail me a hard copy? All I have is a PDF version that I was set...
roflwell is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 2:44 am
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 771
GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

It will need confirmation from someone (Former Lancastrian would be best) but I remember reading this before we came over. We made sure we had an original when we applied for out TWP at Winnipeg airport and all went swimmingly well.
Good luck .
GC44 is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 10:11 am
  #10  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere between Vancouver & St Johns
Posts: 19,847
Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by roflwell
Interesting (sorry for hijacking...) - does this mean I'd have to get the company to mail me a hard copy? All I have is a PDF version that I was set...
Make sure the LMO is printed off any computer or device before arriving.
If no wi fi available then you wont be able to produce the LMO.
Former Lancastrian is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 11:40 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
roflwell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Victoria, BC (was Rothwell, UK)
Posts: 110
roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Make sure the LMO is printed off any computer or device before arriving.
If no wi fi available then you wont be able to produce the LMO.
Cheers for that - yes, I plan on having everything printed. Question though was whether printing a copy of the job offer (not the LMO) is enough, as GC44 suggested that a photocopy or a fax is not acceptable.
roflwell is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 12:27 pm
  #12  
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,609
AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by roflwell
Cheers for that - yes, I plan on having everything printed. Question though was whether printing a copy of the job offer (not the LMO) is enough, as GC44 suggested that a photocopy or a fax is not acceptable.
A fax or copy is fine - as if you think about it - for an LMO with lots of people on it - how do you ALL get the original? Border Services are really just looking for the LMO approval number to tie things together.
AmyDavid is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 12:45 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
roflwell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Victoria, BC (was Rothwell, UK)
Posts: 110
roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
A fax or copy is fine - as if you think about it - for an LMO with lots of people on it - how do you ALL get the original? Border Services are really just looking for the LMO approval number to tie things together.
Thanks Amy - I understand that's the case with the LMO, but I'm talking about the job offer itself.
roflwell is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 2:51 pm
  #14  
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,609
AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by roflwell
Thanks Amy - I understand that's the case with the LMO, but I'm talking about the job offer itself.
We had faxed copies - so the Employers signature on the contract was a fax version and my OH's was added to it. That was fine.
AmyDavid is offline  
Old May 31st 2012, 3:24 pm
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
roflwell's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Victoria, BC (was Rothwell, UK)
Posts: 110
roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice
Default Re: LMO - Should my name be on it?

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
We had faxed copies - so the Employers signature on the contract was a fax version and my OH's was added to it. That was fine.
Excellent - that's what I was after Cheers AmyDavid!
roflwell is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.