Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO renewal just received - 2 years!

LMO renewal just received - 2 years!

Old Jun 18th 2011, 8:54 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default LMO renewal just received - 2 years!

Just to let people know it is not all doom and gloom with LMO.
My OH ( working in B.C since August last year - only given 1 year LMO originally) has just yesterday received his renewal and this time they gave us 2 years, not just one, so now I can go to be with my husband at last.
Chin up anyone who is currently doing this or wanting/needing to do it in the near future - sometimes they do say YES!!!
Old Jun 18th 2011, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Waggles wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO renewal just received - 2 years!

great news! congrats to you both.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Great news. there has been so many negative posts recently about LMO refusals so Im delighted to read your good news. Congrats.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 10:40 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to you both.
I want people to know that despite what you read on here, LMO is being granted to people.
True, we went above and beyond the advertising requirements and made sure everything relevant was sent to HRSDC, including e-mails from the bosses who did the recruiting process saying there were no suitable candidates and giving detailed reasons why, so we did everything by the book and more, but it was worth the extra wait and effort and it paid off.
If others read this and are encouraged, then I am even happier.
No doubt there will be the usual posters soon who start saying the opposite even in the face of this evidence, but this is more proof that
LMO is not Mission Impossible!
If you don't qualify for Cat 1, as we do not, then don't give up hope.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 1:01 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

That must be such a relief , congrats!
I'm glad some LMOs are gettingbthrough !
Old Jun 18th 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Thanks to you both.
I want people to know that despite what you read on here, LMO is being granted to people.
True, we went above and beyond the advertising requirements and made sure everything relevant was sent to HRSDC, including e-mails from the bosses who did the recruiting process saying there were no suitable candidates and giving detailed reasons why, so we did everything by the book and more, but it was worth the extra wait and effort and it paid off.
If others read this and are encouraged, then I am even happier.
No doubt there will be the usual posters soon who start saying the opposite even in the face of this evidence, but this is more proof that
LMO is not Mission Impossible!
If you don't qualify for Cat 1, as we do not, then don't give up hope.
Hope your right!!! Potential employer on 3rd LMO application. We expect result in next 10 days.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

i would just like to second this thread, i just got a 2 year extension to my work permit recently
Old Jun 18th 2011, 6:56 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by sheera67
i would just like to second this thread, i just got a 2 year extension to my work permit recently
Yes! Another success! Congratulations