Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:32 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

Originally Posted by JamesM
I actually left and then applied for PR back in the UK- returning after 4 years. I did go to a lawyer but he basically did very little work and then claimed I owed him $600 when I abondoned the case. I abandoned the case because I was seeing nothing tangible from him and had just one week on the visa left. My case was slightly better placed than yours and could've been successful with a decent lawyer or if I had discovered this site back then. My only problem was the working conditions (salary)......

It sounds like it was a pretty solid rejection your husband has been given. It looks like your husband is paid below the market average and that they need to advertise the position to show they have attempted to recruit a canadian.

My only suggestion is see if you can get a free consultation with a referred lawyer. It may cost you around $4000 but it's times like this they can be worth their weight in gold. There is a chap who posts on here Paul Wildy or NS Paul- it may be worth pm-ing him. Folks here speak quite highly of him- he can probably give you good advice to your next steps and then you can make an informed decision.

Good luck.
Bless you - you have been through the mill. Yes, I think we are going to get some advice, I found someone late yesterday PM who was nice. I just don't know who to trust.....
Looking at the rejection, his boss put down that my husband was paid less than he actually is! It's very strange. I'm going to try calling the actual HRDSC contact Monday too, see what he says.
Thanks for your thoughts - I really apprecaite you taking the time. Good luck to you too.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:33 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Bless you - you have been through the mill. Yes, I think we are going to get some advice, I found someone late yesterday PM who was nice. I just don't know who to trust.....
Looking at the rejection, his boss put down that my husband was paid less than he actually is! It's very strange. I'm going to try calling the actual HRDSC contact Monday too, see what he says.
Thanks for your thoughts - I really apprecaite you taking the time. Good luck to you too.
It sounds like your husband's boss is a jerk.

Good luck.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

agree with James, the employer seems to be the one at fault. Could it be, that that was his way of deciding not to hire him again???

question: are you set on staying in Ontario?
and.. how fast are you calculating your chances to get PR?

cheers
manitobain
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:29 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manitobain
agree with James, the employer seems to be the one at fault. Could it be, that that was his way of deciding not to hire him again???

question: are you set on staying in Ontario?
and.. how fast are you calculating your chances to get PR?

cheers
manitobain
Thanks for your reply, yes we are planning on staying in Ontario and we got our AOR on our PR in June, so am hoping that by xmas/new year we should have moved forward considerably.....hopefully!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

irthedino is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with it all, I think everyone on here shares your pain, the red tape we have been wading in for the past few years is simply unbelieveable - the last one being a year long saga over something as seemingly simple as an LMO application.

Crossing everything for you,
Di
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:03 pm
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by irthedino
Good luck with it all, I think everyone on here shares your pain, the red tape we have been wading in for the past few years is simply unbelieveable - the last one being a year long saga over something as seemingly simple as an LMO application.

Crossing everything for you,
Di
GOd bless you, I have to say that we are feeling so fed up and feel like maybe "Canada" just doesn't want us! It feels so harsh, but all the people with such kind words of support and respect on here lifts our hearts no end. We are going to the walk in Immigration office this morning with all our mountains of paperwork to see what can be done. WE will report back on the latest "red-taped" options for all to see!
Thanks again
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Boris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond reputeBoris-canadabound has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Can't offer any advice and me and my other half are just hoping and praying for our first LMO to go through so that we can actually to to Canada.

So really I just wanted to say that I hope you manage to sort something out - very best of luck.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 2:12 pm
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by Boris-canadabound
Hello

Can't offer any advice and me and my other half are just hoping and praying for our first LMO to go through so that we can actually to to Canada.

So really I just wanted to say that I hope you manage to sort something out - very best of luck.
Thanks everso - fingers crossed for your LMO good luck for the future for you and your family. x