Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

Old Aug 20th 2010, 2:08 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Little update! I've called HR this morning and they have been very sketchy about it all. They said that if hubby's boss was told that it was economic, it is likely that it is province-wide that all plumbers requesting LMO's would be refused! She didn't actually know though, was just speculating. Either way, I think I am going to try to get him another job with a larger company this time with the infrastructure to get the HR stuff done in a timely fashion. In the meantime, I have to get the visitor visas sorted.......argh! This is one of the times where I wish my life away and wish it was this time next year.......and all this madness would be sorted. I'll keep everyone posted.
Hmm I think I would still call HRSDC just incase there is something you can do/find out to over turn their decision.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 2:19 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hmm I think I would still call HRSDC just incase there is something you can do/find out to over turn their decision.
Sadly they won't discuss anything with me personally about the specific LMO - closed doors from all quarters. I've just about given up on that one, and am looking at new jobs for hubby to apply for from scratch. I haven't anything to loose!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:07 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly they won't discuss anything with me personally about the specific LMO - closed doors from all quarters. I've just about given up on that one, and am looking at new jobs for hubby to apply for from scratch. I haven't anything to loose!
Did they say that? I would keep calling back - it relates to you, therefore they should speak to you. Drives me nuts when they act all jobsworthy. Which office is it?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:45 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Did they say that? I would keep calling back - it relates to you, therefore they should speak to you. Drives me nuts when they act all jobsworthy. Which office is it?
Yeh, I thought that she should speak to me but the woman was really huffy so I didn't want to push it! office looks to be located in Toronto.....You think I should keep trying then?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:35 pm

Yeh, I thought that she should speak to me but the woman was really huffy so I didn't want to push it! office looks to be located in Toronto.....You think I should keep trying then?
I would.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I would.
Probably not going to discuss the LMO with you. As the LMO is between HRSDC and the employer.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

It's data that concerns you and contains information about you, so even if they can't change anything, surely they're legally obligated to reveal their reasons?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:57 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
It's data that concerns you and contains information about you, so even if they can't change anything, surely they're legally obligated to reveal their reasons?
They do, to the prospective employer.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:00 pm
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Apparently not - sadly, they seem to be playing their cards very close to their chests. Net result = not helpful for our situ. Because we did not submit the application, the data is not ours.....all fun and games! not ! watch this space for updates......
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I still think you could do a Freedom of Information request though, but god knows how long that would take
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:01 pm

Me, being of the sneaky variety, would have a Canadian friend calling, telling them she/he is from HR at the company and has a couple of questions regarding the refusal...
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:59 pm
Eager Beaver!

Me, being of the sneaky variety, would have a Canadian friend calling, telling them she/he is from HR at the company and has a couple of questions regarding the refusal...
ooooooo - you're good!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:38 pm
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by JamesM
The foreign workers causing unemployment is aload of crap and HRDC would never have said that.

The economic situation may have changed that has resulted in more canadian plumbers in your area hense it is no longer a skill shortage and resulting in rejection.

The only other reason I can think of is the wage your husband get's is not neutral or positive.

I am not sure if they would of had to re-advertise the position aswell?

Try contacting HRDC yourself but be careful on the phone as they are not obliged or at liberty to give information to employees- if they know who you are they will quickly cut you off.

I went through a rejected LMO 5 years ago and like you left things late. It may be worth seeking legal representation.
Out of curiosity, how did you overcome your WP headaches, you say you experienced a similar last minute situation? DId you end up staying here or returning to uk for a while?
Little update, I asked the employer for a copy of the determination, he produced it and it states.....
- work conditions are not consistent with prevailing conditions being offered to canadians
- he has not demonstrated enough effort to hire a canadian
- Per Refugee act, a foreign national is not likely to fill the labour shortage!
Any other thoughts?
Old Aug 21st 2010, 10:23 pm

Out of curiosity, how did you overcome your WP headaches, you say you experienced a similar last minute situation? DId you end up staying here or returning to uk for a while?
Little update, I asked the employer for a copy of the determination, he produced it and it states.....
- work conditions are not consistent with prevailing conditions being offered to canadians
- Per Refugee act, a foreign national is not likely to fill the labour shortage!
Any other thoughts?
It sounds like the wages they are offering your hubby are either above what a Canadian would be offered, or below and they have not advertised either at all, or for long enough or in the right places.

Do you know if they did re-advertise?
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:27 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Any other thoughts?
I actually left and then applied for PR back in the UK- returning after 4 years. I did go to a lawyer but he basically did very little work and then claimed I owed him $600 when I abondoned the case. I abandoned the case because I was seeing nothing tangible from him and had just one week on the visa left. My case was slightly better placed than yours and could've been successful with a decent lawyer or if I had discovered this site back then. My only problem was the working conditions (salary)......

It sounds like it was a pretty solid rejection your husband has been given. It looks like your husband is paid below the market average and that they need to advertise the position to show they have attempted to recruit a canadian.

My only suggestion is see if you can get a free consultation with a referred lawyer. It may cost you around $4000 but it's times like this they can be worth their weight in gold. There is a chap who posts on here Paul Wildy or NS Paul- it may be worth pm-ing him. Folks here speak quite highly of him- he can probably give you good advice to your next steps and then you can make an informed decision.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.