Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:32 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

We are coming to the end of our work permit (1 year, expiring on 21 Sept)

I posted on here to ask about LMO's and I submitted my WP extension paperwork with a covering letter saying we knew we needed a positive LMO and we would like to have the application run whilst we wait.

Today, hubby's boss called to say that the LMO has come back as a negative!

I nearly fell off my stool! He said he rang Human Resources and they have given a load of garbage about changes in economic situation and that they believe foreign workers are causing unemployment here and therefore it was a flat no. Does anyone know of this/believe this cr@p? Surely not everyone who is a plumber is going to get a negative LMO now? Has anyone any idea about this/heard of any others with similar experiences?

So, now we are now in a horrible situation of being here - do we HAVE to leave by 21 Sept? If hubby can get another job within that time and manages to blag a new LMO, can we stay?

Also, I have a PR application running at the moment - do I have to cancel it or can I keep it running? Do we just update them if we are back in UK or new job here? How does that work.

Sorry to blurt all this out, am feeling rather sick right now and just need to hear from like-minded soles out there.......
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Rejected! WP running out! HELP!

Originally Posted by umpalumpa

I posted on here to ask about LMO's and I submitted my WP extension paperwork with a covering letter saying we knew we needed a positive LMO and we would like to have the application run whilst we wait.

I nearly fell off my stool! He said he rang Human Resources and they have given a load of garbage about changes in economic situation and that they believe foreign workers are causing unemployment here and therefore it was a flat no. Does anyone know of this/believe this cr@p? Surely not everyone who is a plumber is going to get a negative LMO now? Has anyone any idea about this/heard of any others with similar experiences?

So, now we are now in a horrible situation of being here - do we HAVE to leave by 21 Sept? If hubby can get another job within that time and manages to blag a new LMO, can we stay?

Also, I have a PR application running at the moment - do I have to cancel it or can I keep it running? Do we just update them if we are back in UK or new job here? How does that work.

Sorry to blurt all this out, am feeling rather sick right now and just need to hear from like-minded soles out there.......
If I were you I would call HRSDC yourself and find out why they have turned you down. It could be for a million and one reasons - they didn't like what the employer said when he spoke with them, they didn;t advertise properly etc etc. Give them a call and see what they say.

Your options then are you apply for a visitor visa and stay on here in Canada as visitors only until your PR comes through; or your Hubs finds another job where they will issue him a positive LMO - obviously this all takes time so you would have to apply for a visitor visa anyway to keep you in status here in Canada or lastly, you have to leave Canada and go back from whence you came.

Again, I would contact HRSDC and find out why they turned you down.

Good luck x
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:57 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If I were you I would call HRSDC yourself and find out why they have turned you down. It could be for a million and one reasons - they didn't like what the employer said when he spoke with them, they didn;t advertise properly etc etc. Give them a call and see what they say.

Your options then are you apply for a visitor visa and stay on here in Canada as visitors only until your PR comes through; or your Hubs finds another job where they will issue him a positive LMO - obviously this all takes time so you would have to apply for a visitor visa anyway to keep you in status here in Canada or lastly, you have to leave Canada and go back from whence you came.

Good luck x
God bless you - thanks for the reply and the thoughts. I think there is something very fishy about this whole HRSDC response as his boss said he'd just spoken to them, at 7pm at night!? Their hours are office hours, so I will make that call in the morning for sure. Thanks again
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

What a horrible thing to happen I hope you can get this resolved, I'm sure there is some way you can stay in Canada. Good luck!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:01 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

God bless you - thanks for the reply and the thoughts. I think there is something very fishy about this whole HRSDC response as his boss said he'd just spoken to them, at 7pm at night!? Their hours are office hours, so I will make that call in the morning for sure. Thanks again
Yeah I would definately call for yourself - sometimes they can contact employers, who forget to call back and the application is refused because of this.

Let us know how you get on x
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:18 am
Eager Beaver!

Yeah I would definately call for yourself - sometimes they can contact employers, who forget to call back and the application is refused because of this.

Yeh, that sounds just like his boss! Hadn't considered this. He recons that he has done everything and they just quoted the economic changes and he just accepted it! In the meantime, life is starting to fall apart at the seams! Thansk for the thoughts......very much appreciated.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:19 am
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
What a horrible thing to happen I hope you can get this resolved, I'm sure there is some way you can stay in Canada. Good luck!
Thank you for your message - fingers crossed for some solutions. First thing in the morning I am ringing HRSDC....watch this space for an update!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:51 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

The foreign workers causing unemployment is aload of crap and HRDC would never have said that.

The economic situation may have changed that has resulted in more canadian plumbers in your area hense it is no longer a skill shortage and resulting in rejection.

The only other reason I can think of is the wage your husband get's is not neutral or positive.

I am not sure if they would of had to re-advertise the position aswell?

Try contacting HRDC yourself but be careful on the phone as they are not obliged or at liberty to give information to employees- if they know who you are they will quickly cut you off.

I went through a rejected LMO 5 years ago and like you left things late. It may be worth seeking legal representation.

Last edited by JamesM; Aug 20th 2010 at 12:57 am.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:57 am
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by JamesM
The foreign workers causing unemployment is aload of crap and HRDC would never have said that.

The economic situation may have changed that has resulted in more canadian plumbers in your area hense it is no longer a skill shortage and resulting in rejection.

The only other reason I can think of is the wage your husband get's is not neutral or positive.

I am not sure if they would of had to re-advertise the position aswell?

Try contacting HRDC yourself but becareful on the phone as they are not obliged or at liberty to give information to employees- if they know who you are they will quickly cut you off.

I wnet through a rejected LMO 5 years ago and like you left things late. It may be worth seeking legal representation.
Thansk for your reply. It seemed like a load of rubbish but this is our first time through this, so couldn't really argue. Thanks for the advice - All advice is very gatefully received.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 11:31 am
Eager Beaver!

Good luck x
So, random question - if we apply for visitor visas (hubby and I) can I apply for a student permit for my son so he can still go to school while we are here?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:06 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't offer any help. I just wanted to say good luck and I hope you manage to get things sorted out.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:15 pm
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by Falcore
Sorry I can't offer any help. I just wanted to say good luck and I hope you manage to get things sorted out.
Bless you - thanks for the thoughts, Good luck to you and yours too.....
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:35 pm

So, random question - if we apply for visitor visas (hubby and I) can I apply for a student permit for my son so he can still go to school while we are here?
You can, but you will have to pay international student fees for him to attend - and these can be quite horrific in some provinces. If you call the school board they will tell you what the fees are.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 1:27 pm
Eager Beaver!

You can, but you will have to pay international student fees for him to attend - and these can be quite horrific in some provinces. If you call the school board they will tell you what the fees are.
Thanks - I'll check it out.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 1:59 pm
Eager Beaver!

Little update! I've called HR this morning and they have been very sketchy about it all. They said that if hubby's boss was told that it was economic, it is likely that it is province-wide that all plumbers requesting LMO's would be refused! She didn't actually know though, was just speculating. Either way, I think I am going to try to get him another job with a larger company this time with the infrastructure to get the HR stuff done in a timely fashion. In the meantime, I have to get the visitor visas sorted.......argh! This is one of the times where I wish my life away and wish it was this time next year.......and all this madness would be sorted. I'll keep everyone posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.