LMO rejected twice - options

Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO rejected twice - options

Hi,

I don't think the Canadian company is doing anything illegal if they keep him on the Canadian payroll while he works in the UK. It is up to them, but seeing the company has a UK office which can employ him, it would seem to make sense for the OP to be employed by the UK office. From the OP's perspective too, if the PNP application does not work out, he is more likely to have a job back home!
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough

Hi all

The bad news is my employers do not see PNP as a viable option at this stage after consulting with two law firms. So we will not be going ahead with PNP.

The good news is I made my 1 year at work today which means I have 1 year of full time work in Canada, although I am going to have to make sure that

1) I definitely am still on implied working status
2) that the 'working' while on implied status counts towards the one year

I guess since PNP is not something my employers will agree to that CEC will be next best?
Not something I want as I heard the processing takes a year.

Can I get more advice on this please?

How am I going to be scrutinised?
What timelines?
Is one year of full time work enough?
Probability of success?

Thanks
Bobby
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyN
Hi all

The bad news is my employers do not see PNP as a viable option at this stage after consulting with two law firms. So we will not be going ahead with PNP.

The good news is I made my 1 year at work today which means I have 1 year of full time work in Canada, although I am going to have to make sure that

1) I definitely am still on implied working status
2) that the 'working' while on implied status counts towards the one year

I guess since PNP is not something my employers will agree to that CEC will be next best?
Not something I want as I heard the processing takes a year.

Can I get more advice on this please?

How am I going to be scrutinised?
What timelines?
Is one year of full time work enough?
Probability of success?

Thanks
Bobby
Sorry to hear that, I am quite suprised that they won't consider PNP as it is a far easier route.

As to your other question, my concern would be that if CIC believe that you are not on implied status as far as working is concerned (and you already know my opinion on that), then you will not be able to fulfil the criteria for CEC and may even put yourself in jeopardy of being asked to leave Canada.

I will leave it to others to advise you.

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
Sorry to hear that, I am quite suprised that they won't consider PNP as it is a far easier route.

As to your other question, my concern would be that if CIC believe that you are not on implied status as far as working is concerned (and you already know my opinion on that), then you will not be able to fulfil the criteria for CEC and may even put yourself in jeopardy of being asked to leave Canada.

When i spoke with the call centre staff at CIC they did confirm twice that

1) I am on implied working status
2) the work done counts towards the one year

BUT i want to get this confirmation in writing and in person but I am unsure about making an appointment and where I can find their locations.

When I call them up they are reluctant to make an appointment.

I think I may call them again later today and try with a different staff member.

Bobby
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

The law firm had been in touch for the last week or so with whichever provincial department looks at things and with them tightening the rules (due to bad press lately), they have been advising the law firm of what requirements I would need to full-fill as they would still look at my position and chances are ask for information on why a non Canadian worker was hired this last year.

Does anyone know which department deals with CEC and again with the information I have given so far whether I would have a chance with that?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Why would PNP be an easier route?

is it not the case that since the RBC news HRSDC are investigating something or another resulting in various departments being more strict?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Would CEC be quicker applying from England or is it the same regardless?

Also since i am currently on implied worker status, if i was to get the CEC application done before that ended would the status continue?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

No, applying for CEC does not give you implied status.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Why would PNP be an easier route?

is it not the case that since the RBC news HRSDC are investigating something or another resulting in various departments being more strict?
http://www.stevenmeurrens.com/2013/0...bc-pnp-or-cec/

If your IEC work permit has expired and you are not on implied status then you can't qualify for CEC. If you have a job offer, regardless, you can qualify for PNP.

You can see the pro's and con's on the website above.

As your company is reluctant to go the PNP route there doesn't seem much point in discussing it further.

Old Apr 24th 2013, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.stevenmeurrens.com/2013/0...bc-pnp-or-cec/

If your IEC work permit has expired and you are not on implied status then you can't qualify for CEC. If you have a job offer, regardless, you can qualify for PNP.

You can see the pro's and con's on the website above.

As your company is reluctant to go the PNP route there doesn't seem much point in discussing it further.

That link was useful thanks siouxie

I am going to speak to the CEO at some point here and request a salary increase and change in job description which is more fitting.

IF still a no then CEC it is but just sucks being away from Canada for 12 months
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

I finally had a more detailed conversation with my work and the two law firms they were being advised from.

Basically it came down to the company not being able to raise the salary required to 15k more than I am getting now, which I understand as I was only recently promoted to my role so need to work and gain more experience before they would raise it.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Can I take the IELTS test in the UK at all?

How would i book it as I want to start the process straight away.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Can I take the IELTS test in the UK at all?

How would i book it as I want to start the process straight away.
Google is your friend
http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_sea...h_results.aspx
Old Apr 24th 2013, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Thanks FL

I may actually be able to take it in May in Toronto, costs more than it does in the UK but want to get it done sooner than later.

Actually considering I am born and raised in Britain, could I not just state that in the application. As my education should show that my english is sufficient?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:09 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks FL

I may actually be able to take it in May in Toronto, costs more than it does in the UK but want to get it done sooner than later.

Actually considering I am born and raised in Britain, could I not just state that in the application. As my education should show that my english is sufficient?
Nope, everyone needs to take the test regardless in your kind of application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.