Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO rejected twice --nedd info about general LMO procedure(without mentionig employee

LMO rejected twice --nedd info about general LMO procedure(without mentionig employee

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:22 am
Just Joined

smcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO rejected twice --nedd info about general LMO procedure(without mentionig employee

HI,

My second time LMO application is refused.MY WP expires on 5 sep 2009.I dont know what to do now??How can i stay in canada?

I have already apply for PR as i have 2 yrs Work Exp and 1 yr study in canda.But a sper my knowledge i cant stay in canada only bcz i applied for PR.i also have enquired about PNP.but to apply for PNP also i need status.right??

can someone please help me??i dont wana go back to home.

1.do i again apply for LMO and WP and work on implied status.
2.do i apply for PNP after expiration of my WP ?will that allow me to work and stay in canada.
3.do my employer call to CIC for my Fast PR processing or something.
4.i have heared something like General LMO.can My employer apply for general lmo without mentioning my name..????/

please help me.........
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice
Default Re: LMO rejected twice --nedd info about general LMO procedure(without mentionig empl

I think nobody's replying because nobody knows how to help.

If you've been rejected for an LMO then it's normally because HSRDC believes a Canadian can do the job.

After your work permit expires you won't legally be able to work. You can always change your status to be a visitor which will normally give you 6 months - but you won't be able to work.

If you managed to get PNP then you can normally get a letter of support from your province in order to get a work permit. This might be the best thing to look at but I'd be surprised if you were successful. You do not need to wait for your work permit to expire to apply for PNP.

There is no fast track you can request for PR processing.

Applying for another work permit appears barely legal.

If your employer has failed to get an LMO then it's not likely they'll get another one.

All the best!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:36 am
Just Joined

smcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO rejected twice --nedd info about general LMO procedure(without mentionig empl

HI Eslarge,

Thanks for your reply.But i hust read on CIC about general LMo procedure.That meand its employer choice whether he want to mention the employee name on LMO application or not.

I was thinking to apply for this procedure ..without mentioning my name in LMO application.do you know about this procedure...

Please reply.

Originally Posted by ESarge
I think nobody's replying because nobody knows how to help.

If you've been rejected for an LMO then it's normally because HSRDC believes a Canadian can do the job.

After your work permit expires you won't legally be able to work. You can always change your status to be a visitor which will normally give you 6 months - but you won't be able to work.

If you managed to get PNP then you can normally get a letter of support from your province in order to get a work permit. This might be the best thing to look at but I'd be surprised if you were successful. You do not need to wait for your work permit to expire to apply for PNP.

There is no fast track you can request for PR processing.

Applying for another work permit appears barely legal.

If your employer has failed to get an LMO then it's not likely they'll get another one.

All the best!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

Read this carefully:
The LMO is about the *job* not about *you*. Applying for one without the prospective employee's name will not help - nor will it get you implied status. HSRDC thinks Canadian citizens and PRs can do the job.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:39 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESarge

The OP will only be considered for PNP if they have legal status in Canada. If the OP lets their WP run out they will be in Canada illegally and therefore ineligible for PNP (for ever, AFAIK).

Best option seems to be to apply for visitor status. This can be by mail to Vegreville but the application MUST be made before their WP runs out, so they will have to get their skates on. They can stay in Canada until a decision on the visitor status is made. Alternatively they can leave Canada and try to re-enter as a visitor. First option is better, obviously.