Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO refused over mindless red tape

Wikiposts

LMO refused over mindless red tape

Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: LMO refused over mindless red tape

Originally Posted by pete66
I know that would be the answer to it all....but do service canada ever check and would it come to light if I had to renew my work permit if it expired before I got my PR???
I have kind of asked them if they would consider paying me the extra money and then deduct it from my pay check under the cover that I am paying for my company car rather than the company. so on paper it all ties up for their accounts etc.

Pete
they never checked out our friends and i believe they have done it on others paperwork before and nothing has ever come back. so im told its common practice so that they will approve jobs.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jempee
they never checked out our friends and i believe they have done it on others paperwork before and nothing has ever come back. so im told its common practice so that they will approve jobs.

To be honest I can't see them checking every single case file....it's takes them long enough to process it in the beginning. I am just hoping that the company will go for the scenario of them paying me and then deducting it against the company car......cos at the end of the day they are not losing out. It just looks more tidy on paper.

thanks for your advice

Pete
Old Dec 17th 2006, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi Andrew

I have sent you a private message.

Thank you

Pete
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
The mind boggles with some of the decisons. I thought one of the functions of hiring foreign workers was to fill labour shortages, especially in skilled occupations.

I had a similar situation, in that my company wasnt paying me enough. The lady at service canada actually phoned my employer and basically said pay more or lose this worker, which my employer thankfully did.

I hope common-sense prevails and you get the LMO.

EDIT-Sorry, i misread your post, i thought you had been refused because they were paying you too much. So mine was actually the same as yours, in which my company was asked to pay more and they did.

The whole thing is to prevent exploitation of foreign workers. Maybe its a good idea to find out where your comapnies figures are based on and where service canada ( as you already have) are basing their figures, Maybe theres a mix up over a job title or definition.

Hi Andrew

Were you company prepared to challenge them or would they have walked away from you??? our lawyer has asked them about their figures as the company are based in Alberta but the actual job offer is in Ontario...but I have managed to find an actual Service Canada wages website where it compares different occupations and wages across the provinces. And the rate I am been offered for Ontario is right whereas the rate service canada think I should be paid is relevant for Alberta. So we are hoping that they haven't picked up where the job offer is and have made an error.

the battle isn't over yet!!

pete
Old Dec 17th 2006, 8:29 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I know that would be the answer to it all....but do service canada ever check and would it come to light if I had to renew my work permit if it expired before I got my PR???
I have kind of asked them if they would consider paying me the extra money and then deduct it from my pay check under the cover that I am paying for my company car rather than the company. so on paper it all ties up for their accounts etc.

Pete
I'm sure they could check with Revenue Canada
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:43 am
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew

Were you company prepared to challenge them or would they have walked away from you??? our lawyer has asked them about their figures as the company are based in Alberta but the actual job offer is in Ontario...but I have managed to find an actual Service Canada wages website where it compares different occupations and wages across the provinces. And the rate I am been offered for Ontario is right whereas the rate service canada think I should be paid is relevant for Alberta. So we are hoping that they haven't picked up where the job offer is and have made an error.

the battle isn't over yet!!

pete
Actually, my employer was quite embarrased that he wasn't paying me the Manitoba average, so revising the wage figure wasnt that much of a hassle. The officer at service canada phoned him and told him to raise it or it will be rejected.

I don't think they would have walked away, there seems to be such a skills shortage in Manitoba that employers can't afford to lose many workers.