LMO Refused!!

Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Refused!!

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I wouldn't quote January/13 for the start of the FSW and the Skilled Trades Program. Checking the new and "improved" CIC website, it No longer says January or early 2013, it now says

"Note: As of July 1, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in 2013.
Interesting, hadn't noticed that. Thx PMM.

Old Dec 6th 2012, 10:57 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I wouldn't quote January/13 for the start of the FSW and the Skilled Trades Program. Checking the new and "improved" CIC website, it No longer says January or early 2013, it now says

"Note: As of July 1, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in 2013.
That is interesting. I spent ages yesterday wandering around on the new site, seeing if they had popped anything in there regarding the changes - missed this bit completely! Thanks PMM
Old Dec 7th 2012, 1:30 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Early 2013 that's very vague and sounds like these planned new changes are not working out as quickly as the CIC and government had hoped. I'm wondering what are the chances that it gets to Jan 2013 and it changes to mid 2013 or similarly vague. Thanks for posting up this info PMM

Very disappointed as hoping Jan would be time to pop in my FSW app, looks like I need to get TWP and fast so I can go PNP route
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy1990
hi all,

just had my LMO kicked to touch for not having the right amount of experience, i had 57months and needed 72 for domestic plumbing, also my certs weren't recognised in canada even tho in the UK NVQ level 3 H&V is better than city and guilds plumbing.

does anyone have any other ways of getting into canada can i have my skills assessed over there or is it a must to have the experience,

currently looking at IEC for 2013 which is pot luck if you get it.
also it only gives a maximum of 12 months for the UK,
ideally i would like to find a way for permanent residency any information i would be grateful.

will the changes in 2013's FSW programme help people like me.

many thanks wardy
it's not pot luck if you get it. if you are eligible and apply whilst they still have places, you get the visa. The only people i've heard of missing out are the ones who applied too late