LMO Refused!!

Old Dec 6th 2012, 2:35 am
Just Joined

wardy1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO Refused!!

hi all,

just had my LMO kicked to touch for not having the right amount of experience, i had 57months and needed 72 for domestic plumbing, also my certs weren't recognised in canada even tho in the UK NVQ level 3 H&V is better than city and guilds plumbing.

does anyone have any other ways of getting into canada can i have my skills assessed over there or is it a must to have the experience,

currently looking at IEC for 2013 which is pot luck if you get it.
also it only gives a maximum of 12 months for the UK,
ideally i would like to find a way for permanent residency any information i would be grateful.

will the changes in 2013's FSW programme help people like me.

many thanks wardy
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Evilhomer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO Refused!!

Wardy I dont have answers, but more questions I am afraid.
I am in talks with a company for temporary works permit LMO. I'm obv not getting the whole process, did you have a job offer? I thought that if the company applied for the LMO option and it was agreed they would then give you a job offer with date to start for you to then apply for TWP LMO with info supplied by company. I didnt realise you then had to match home quals with Canada quals for TWP this will not be good news for me
I thought for TWP LMO they had to prove a case for you idf succesful you did the apply process, they offer you job and Bob's your uncle.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:20 am
Just Joined

because my qualifications were not REDseal i was going to go as a apprentice plumber, so they had to apply to the Alberta apprentice training programme, because they refused my certs and month experience my LMO for an apprentice doesn't match is how i understand it,

if i had passed the REDSEAL test then yes it would be a case of job offer then LMO for that trade and then TWP, simple its the apprentice thing that has messed it up as far as i am aware,

not 100% still awaiting the information from the company.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:24 am
Just Joined

Evilhomer is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, I'm waiting on HR for some advice hoping it will be smooth....not holding my breath
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, as you've belatedly found out, it's not possible to get a LMO for an apprenticeship.

But do look at the new Skilled Trades program that's opening up in January, as that may well be a good option for you (and you could go straight to PR without needing a job offer).

Good luck.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:33 am
Just Joined

thanks christasoompa,

do you still think my 57 months will be a problem?

look forward to the new year for skilled work programme,

still got my sights on Canada, trying to get a letter from the company as to why i have been refused which will clarify it all, they offered me the job and i filled out paperwork and even paid funds to the AIT in alberta which all stated apprenticeship plumber, somethings a miss.

thanks for replies guys
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy1990
do you still think my 57 months will be a problem?
I don't know what the full requirements for the Skilled Trades program will be tbh, credential assessment may well be part of it and if you don't have enough hours to get a Red Seal then it *could* be an issue, but I'm afraid I don't know.

still got my sights on Canada, trying to get a letter from the company as to why i have been refused which will clarify it all, they offered me the job and i filled out paperwork and even paid funds to the AIT in alberta which all stated apprenticeship plumber, somethings a miss.
It's not amiss I'm afraid, it's not possible to get a LMO for an apprenticeship regardless of the job offer or what you've done with AIT. The TWP just isn't a route for an apprentice, although you could do it on IEC, so if I were you, that's the route I'd go down if the company are prepared to wait until March or so for you to get out there and start work.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:45 am
Just Joined

thanks for Advice,

when i am out there on an IEC in theory, what options are availble then for PR, or is PNP my only option.

at this rate i think i might end up taking a lower skilled lower paid job just to get on with an employer, not 100% how it works just startin my research as i thought i had it pretty sewn up.

there is a recent thread about oil work in the same province this looks like an option, except that the UK IEC only offers a maximum of 12months on your visa.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

From IEC, you'd either need a LMO/TWP (to apply for PR as FSW), or PNP to get PR.

It does only give you a year, but you can get a second year if still eligible, so that would give you 2 which should be plenty of time to get PR. And it's possible that UK citizens may be given 2 years in one go in next year's program, although that is only a rumour at this stage!

Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:55 am
Just Joined

spoke to an Irish lad and they have been given 8000 places and 2 years straight away,
sorry to pick your brains and know your probably thinkin have a look for ya self ya lazy git, but with an IEC i can land get a job and then apply for a TWP?
many thanks
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

spoke to an Irish lad and they have been given 8000 places and 2 years straight away,
sorry to pick your brains and know your probably thinkin have a look for ya self ya lazy git, but with an IEC i can land get a job and then apply for a TWP?
many thanks
Yep, they've just changed it for Ireland, that's why some people think they might do the same for the UK for 2013 onwards.

And IEC, you get a job and then you'd still need a LMO to get a 'normal' TWP. That's one advantage of PNP, no LMO required and you'd get a TWP at the first stage approval usually.

HTH.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 4:09 am
Just Joined

yeah i have read up on PNP after my recent let down, it sounds like a longer process and i have waited for 5 months for this to let me down, so i am wondering whether slowly slowly catchy monkey or just nose dive straight into IEC and hope for best.

thanks for advice you have been a great help
Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:45 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, as you've belatedly found out, it's not possible to get a LMO for an apprenticeship.

But do look at the new Skilled Trades program that's opening up in January, as that may well be a good option for you (and you could go straight to PR without needing a job offer).

Good luck.
I wouldn't quote January/13 for the start of the FSW and the Skilled Trades Program. Checking the new and "improved" CIC website, it No longer says January or early 2013, it now says

"Note: As of July 1, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in 2013.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 7:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

just had my LMO kicked to touch for not having the right amount of experience, i had 57months and needed 72 for domestic plumbing, also my certs weren't recognised in canada even tho in the UK NVQ level 3 H&V is better than city and guilds plumbing.

does anyone have any other ways of getting into canada can i have my skills assessed over there or is it a must to have the experience,

currently looking at IEC for 2013 which is pot luck if you get it.
also it only gives a maximum of 12 months for the UK,
ideally i would like to find a way for permanent residency any information i would be grateful.

will the changes in 2013's FSW programme help people like me.

many thanks wardy
Perhaps looking at a different Province may help = not all are regulated.

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/rep...atedOccupation
Old Dec 6th 2012, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sioux might do that, just that the company I was looking was definitely immigrant friendly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.