Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO for Quebec - Different job advert requirements?

LMO for Quebec - Different job advert requirements?

Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:52 am
Just Joined

lucy_em is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO for Quebec - Different job advert requirements?

Hi there,
I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on the Quebec LMO situation for me please.

I currently live in Montreal on a WHV from UK that expires in the first week of May 2011. I was hired by my current company in July 2010 to a NOC A position. They would like me to stay and want to apply for an LMO.

Quebec's requirements vary slightly from national and on their TWP site ( http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...k_quebec.shtml ) is the following:

NOC 0, A and B Occupations

You will have conducted the minimum recruitment efforts required if you:

•Advertise on the Emploi Quebec’s Online Placement for a minimum of fourteen (14) calendar days during the three (3) months prior to applying for a LMO, or •Conduct similar recruitment activities consistent with the practice within the occupation (e.g., advertise on recognized Internet job sites, in journals, newsletters or national newspapers or by consulting unions or professional associations).
Have they just arranged the paragraph in a strange order or does it imply that the three month advert requirement doesn't apply to the second point and therefore i might be able to avoid the whole re-advertising/interviewing issue?

Wishful thinking?

Thanks in advance