Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO processing times in Vancouver & duration of TWP

LMO processing times in Vancouver & duration of TWP

Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:43 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO processing times in Vancouver & duration of TWP

Originally Posted by neilottawa
I am waiting for an LMO from Vancouver. My application was received on the 22nd Aug (12 weeks today). Last week they were processing applications from the 3rd week of Aug (15-22). So hopefully this week is the week!
I really hope so for you.
I wonder what has caused such an enormous jump in the timescale?
I find it hard to believe that the processing times could have gone up so much just because of the new forms introduced earlier this year, so what is it?
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

neilottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

I am waiting for an LMO from Vancouver. My application was received on the 22nd Aug (12 weeks today). Last week they were processing applications from the 3rd week of Aug (15-22). So hopefully this week is the week!
Thank you.

I have no idea what is causing such a delay. I have asked Service Canada a number of times (as has my employer and our immigration lawyer), but we get a different reason everytime.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:56 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

I have no idea what is causing such a delay. I have asked Service Canada a number of times (as has my employer and our immigration lawyer), but we get a different reason everytime.
That is typical.
When we applied it was a renewal, but I do not think that this made it any faster. It was about the same both times.

It is so frustrating for employers to have to wait like this.
HRSDC are supposed to be on the side of employers and the Canadian workforce.
It is their job to make sure that jobs are not snaffled by foreigners over Canadians, true.
But they are also there to make sure that employers can recruit foreign workers if they are genuinely needed and if they are going to improve matters for other Canadians working for the same company (by furthering the prosperity of the company).

Such a long wait doesn't help anybody and I think employers are as fed up with it as workers are.

Hope you hear something very soon
Old Nov 15th 2011, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

Hi Nevee,

We have been investigating the LMO situation for a few months as i'm in a similar situation as you. My LMO was submitted September 6th and i'm yet to receive a reply. I'm in IT also.

The current duration quoted by service canada is 9-10 weeks. The delay on the west coast is due to the 3 provincial offices being amalgamated into 1 and on the east coast it is due to staff being moved from processing LMO's to EI's instead.

Sit tight - hopefully the LMO's will arrive any day soon
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

Well...that's 10 weeks gone and still nothing
Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:15 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by m4mm4l
Well...that's 10 weeks gone and still nothing
Sorry about that

They always take it to the limit and then a couple of days after, just when you have almost given up hope.... SUCCESS

It'll be here any day now for you.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently they are processing applications received from 7-12 September in Ontario now so it should not be too much longer for you m4mm4l!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

hi guys - my employer called Service Canada and they are just starting to process my LMO with a view to getting a decision before next week at the latest. So it will have been around 11 weeks total duration when I hear.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 12:21 am
Just Joined

clarebear2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has any recent info re LMO processing times in Vancouver?
I have now been waiting 11 weeks for a decision.
I am concerned that if Service Canada don't make a decision by this Friday. (Dec 16th) that I will have to wait until after the holidays to find out.
I am really disappointed that I haven't heard anything by now as I had really hoped to get home for Christmas.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been waiting for 13 weeks now for an Ontario LMO. Do you think they will all go off on holiday on the 16th or do they work up to the 23rd of December? I really hope the will make a decision before Christmas.....
Old Dec 14th 2011, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The employees of HRSDC will be working until the 24th December.
I cannot vouch that they will be attempting to clear as many LMOs as possible though.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ha,ha, that sounds about right. At least there is still a chance I will know something before Christmas. Thanks for letting me know FL
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, FL. At least that buys me some time. It would be nice to know before Christmas.
They contacted my employer last week for some more info. Does this mean that a decision is imminent? Does anyone know how long it takes once they have contacted the employer?
wow, 13 waiting FD666, that's crazy! Hopefully you hear something soon.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I should clarify HRSDC workers will be at work on the 23rd. I am sure they will be dilligently working on LMO applications, sending out positive or negative results and attempting to do as much as they can.
I cannot see that some of them will be using speed dial 2 that morning (sick) or attending any office xmas luncheons, parties etc or putting in leave requests for the afternoon off to do a bit of last minute crimbo shopping.

The 24th is a Saturday so only us essential Govt workers will be working on that day
Old Dec 30th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Well...13 weeks and still no news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.