LMO processing times 2013

Old May 29th 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

yoyoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO processing times 2013

Originally Posted by Welsh Sparky
My name was finally added to the LMO yesterday. I fly out Saturday
Congratulations!!! Good luck!!!!!

I see all you guys talking about background checking, but I think the HRSDC is not responsible for checking this, except for professional means. The CIC is responsible for that. They will really check security-wise only people who need visa to enter Canada, and can't get the WP on port of entry.

Probably.
Old May 29th 2013, 8:14 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yoyoyo
Congratulations!!! Good luck!!!!!

I see all you guys talking about background checking, but I think the HRSDC is not responsible for checking this, except for professional means. The CIC is responsible for that. They will really check security-wise only people who need visa to enter Canada, and can't get the WP on port of entry.

Probably.
I was wondering that, as I come from a visa exempt country hopefully no extra checks and a response soon
Old May 31st 2013, 5:59 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Sparky
Alberta. The wait is mega annoying
Something to consider here for anyone who needs an LMO...

If an employer applies for an LMO in order to help an employee secure a temporary work permit then they are supposed to submit the application to their local Service Canada office. In most cases the local offices take 8 weeks plus to process it and sometimes a LOT longer.

If an employer indicates the purpose of the LMO is to support a Permanent Residence application through the Skilled Worker program then, instead, they have to submit the application to the "Center of Specialization" for this program in Saint John, New Brunswick.

I recently discovered that this office is not busy at all. In fact officers are there ready to start processing applications as soon as they arrive - no backlog at all. So if the employer sends it here they will get it processed in about 1 week.

The LMO document that gets issued is exactly the same as from the other Service Canada offices and can be used equally to obtain a work permit and to submit a FSW application.

Hope that speeds things up for some people!
Old May 31st 2013, 6:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy

If an employer applies for an LMO in order to help an employee secure a temporary work permit then they are supposed to submit the application to their local Service Canada office. In most cases the local offices take 8 weeks plus to process it and sometimes a LOT longer.

If an employer indicates the purpose of the LMO is to support a Permanent Residence application through the Skilled Worker program then, instead, they have to submit the application to the "Center of Specialization" for this program in Saint John, New Brunswick.

I recently discovered that this office is not busy at all. In fact officers are there ready to start processing applications as soon as they arrive - no backlog at all. So if the employer sends it here they will get it processed in about 1 week.

The LMO document that gets issued is exactly the same as from the other Service Canada offices and can be used equally to obtain a work permit and to submit a FSW application.

Old May 31st 2013, 8:12 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy

I wish I knew this before, mine is somewhere in a pile in the BC processing office. Not sure what to believe now as the other week I got told that they were processing April applications and I call today and get told they can't confirm if they are on April and average processing time is 10 weeks?

7 weeks in I'm wondering if I've got another 3 weeks or more to wait
Old May 31st 2013, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

guys... everyone waiting on BC

I called last week the HRSDC and they said it's taking 8-10 weeks.
I am today on the 9th week, and got some new info that the application is with an officer now.

so... fingers crossed
Old May 31st 2013, 9:07 pm

I am today on the 9th week, and got some new info that the application is with an officer now.

so... fingers crossed
Fingers crossed and toes crossed for you buddy
Old Jun 1st 2013, 4:20 am
Just Joined

UriR is an unknown quantity at this point

so... fingers crossed
starting week #12

good luck !
Old Jun 1st 2013, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by UriR
starting week #12

good luck !
Week 12

Hope you have news soon
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:30 am

well I have an update which is good and bad, my employer have been contacted to confirm my application is being processed but they need further information from my employer. My employer has advised this additional information will take them two weeks to put together and therefore these two weeks plus processing time is going to add another 4-5 weeks to the process.

So good news someone has my application and has looked at it and bad news additional info is required, no idea if a positive LMO will be given and an additional 4 -5 week wait
Old Jun 8th 2013, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

saskaworker is an unknown quantity at this point

and that was the week 14 for me, still waiting.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saskaworker
and that was the week 14 for me, still waiting.
it makes me wonder if all this wait is not in purpose.
after this public outcry against TFWs maybe someone there just decided to make everything slow and cause problems

week 11 now.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 1:36 pm

after this public outcry against TFWs maybe someone there just decided to make everything slow and cause problems

week 11 now.
I think they are trying to show they are doing something so they are making more hoops to jump through
Old Jun 9th 2013, 3:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

week 11 now.
Wait time has been 12-16 weeks for around a year now, the LMO/TWP changes don't seem to have made any difference.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Wait time has been 12-16 weeks for around a year now, the LMO/TWP changes don't seem to have made any difference.
yeah but you know... I am pretty sure for example that on my case they at least took a look on the documents. They requested more papers from other people here that sent after me, in BC. With me they never got in touch. So what is holding off the decision? How many people must OK a LMO? Maybe after all this media war against us there is someone more 'top-level' giving the 'final ok' to be sure nothing will cause them political problems...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.