LMO Nightmare!!

Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

ANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enoughANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enough
Default LMO Nightmare!!

My OH received an email today telling us about the state of the house building market in Kamloops (not selling very much) and the prospect employer said he may now not be able to offer the 3 year continuous employment and that we should hang fire!!!!:curse:
Feel that i want to cry
All our furniture is on its way to Kamloops our fligts are booked and we have rented a house - only six weeks untill our new life was due to start.
What can we do??
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:28 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Nightmare!!

Originally Posted by ANGELA YOUNG
My OH received an email today telling us about the state of the house building market in Kamloops (not selling very much) and the prospect employer said he may now not be able to offer the 3 year continuous employment and that we should hang fire!!!!:curse:
Feel that i want to cry
All our furniture is on its way to Kamloops our fligts are booked and we have rented a house - only six weeks untill our new life was due to start.
What can we do??
I'm really sorry this must be awful

I assume the employer is aware of how far down the line you are re belongings on way, flights booked etc?

Sorry not sure how you stand re all of this, but hope something is sorted out for you quickly

Best wishes

Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming

I assume the employer is aware of how far down the line you are re belongings on way, flights booked etc?

Sorry not sure how you stand re all of this, but hope something is sorted out for you quickly

Best wishes

Do u guys have the TWP already or are in the process of getting a positive LMO and applying??

All the same sorry to hear this and honestly dont know where u stand on this but hang in n there might be something encouraging on how to turn things round...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

ANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enoughANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming

Best wishes

Thanyou nikki dreaming.
I dont think he is aware of all the work that has been involved,but we have emailed him and said we are going to have to come over regardless.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Feel that i want to cry
What can we do??

Jeez OMG

Does anyone know what happens if the Employer or Employee the pulls out of these LMO/job offers. Or is it all a matter of goodwill, everyone just hopes both ends keep their word.

What an awful situation to be in.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bflava
Do u guys have the TWP already or are in the process of getting a positive LMO and applying??

All the same sorry to hear this and honestly dont know where u stand on this but hang in n there might be something encouraging on how to turn things round...
Thankyou bflava

My OH has a positive LMO,he is a carpenter.
Also all my OH carpentry tools are away in the container too.
We have no choice but to go and hope for the best.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:44 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck , I hope everything turns out well for you.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:37 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Have you actually got your permit ( TWP) though - not justthe LMO or are you still waiting for that?? - did u get an open permit along with it ?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou bflava

My OH has a positive LMO,he is a carpenter.
Also all my OH carpentry tools are away in the container too.
We have no choice but to go and hope for the best.
OK! As soon as you get out to BC start applying for BC PNP. You might be able to pull it off in 12 months. If so then you guys can take any job anywhere in BC without worrying about your current employer not giving you more then 3 years because you'll be PR's. I wish you all the best and keep us posted.

Roxy
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to all

If the employer has sent you a positive LMO and an offer of work, which you accepted, then surely he has some obligation to stand by his offer.
This should be regardless of any changes in the present economic climate.

If he is just worried about the length time on the contract, then this is unnecessary.

When you land you immediately apply for PR and hopefully that will take between 6 months and 18 months.
Then you are not tied to this employer.

If he doesn't seem to bothered with your plight and how far you have gone down the road, then I would suggest legal proceeding for ALL costs both financial and to your health that this has cause.

He would be too worried about a law suit and I would think honer is agreement.

Good Luck
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

How can the OP apply for PR or PNP if they no longer have a job offer?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jad n rich
How can the OP apply for PR or PNP if they no longer have a job offer?
The thread started 'the prospect employer said he may now not be able to offer the 3 year continuous employment and that we should hang fire!!!'
Therefore my advise would be to talk him round by saying that the 3 years continues may not be required.
Discuss continueing as previous and start working for him, then by applying for PR and hoping it came through quickly, then both parties shouldn't be tied to this time frame.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Paul in Victoria
The thread started 'the prospect employer said he may now not be able to offer the 3 year continuous employment and that we should hang fire!!!'
Therefore my advise would be to talk him round by saying that the 3 years continues may not be required.
Discuss continueing as previous and start working for him, then by applying for PR and hoping it came through quickly, then both parties shouldn't be tied to this time frame.

Yes, I took the hang fire as stop dont come. I guess it depends how you read it, here hang fire means STOP.

I also probably associated the thread with another one where a guy in vancover had also sold up and no longer had a job offer.

It sounds very risky, Understandably people need to sell their homes to finance the move so its easy to see how this can happen
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Yes, I took the hang fire as stop dont come. I guess it depends how you read it, here hang fire means STOP.

I also probably associated the thread with another one where a guy in vancover had also sold up and no longer had a job offer.

It sounds very risky, Understandably people need to sell their homes to finance the move so its easy to see how this can happen
Oh yes, I'm actually in Canada now, with the family in the UK trying to sell the house etc.
I initially started a similar thread and had a complete nightmare as far as immigration and them wanting adittional info which just added to the wait.
I know it must be very worrying for them, but I would definatly start talking to the prospective employer now.
Using any means necessary for the employment offer to stand, even if not for the given time.

Last edited by Paul in Victoria; Sep 9th 2008 at 3:00 am. Reason: wrong information stated
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou everyone for your help.

In July we received an email from employer for my OH to start ASAP.
We received the positive LMO and contract letter for 3 years in June- My OH had attenended an interview last year.

We are applying at POE for TWP and SOWP - we have police reports from UK and Spain and everything else reqired.

We will go as planned- have no choice-then after 3 months or so we will apply for PR if he provides us with a letter saying he will offer permenant job.

Am trying to keep our chins up- as you know its a hard slog when you have to try and sell property-ship goods-ship dogs and only just secured a lovely rental place that would take our 2 dogs last week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.