Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO May Be Rejected - HELP!!!!!!!!

LMO May Be Rejected - HELP!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:18 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO May Be Rejected - HELP!!!!!!!!

Just been speaking to OH's employer who has been told by HRSDC on Friday that they think he hasn't tried hard enough to employ a Canadian and they wont give us LMO as it stands at the minute:curse:

He has advertised this post across Canada in newspapers and the internet for months - so what their problem is we dont know?

He now wants us to apply for Saskatchewan PNP, which we were going to do three months agobut they told us LMO would be quicker!

Can we apply for PNP on the strength of my husbands job offer - or does he need LMO as well for this route. OH's boss says we just need to show PNP people that they have offered him the job - is this right?

We dont want to fill in all those forms for PNP to be told he needs LMO first:curse:

We are gutted
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO May Be Rejected - HELP!!!!!!!!

PNP stands for "provisional nominee program" which means you get sponsored by your employer and in order to get sponsored your employer needs the LMO
from the HRSDC.

Most employers advertise on the canada job bank which proves to HRSDC they can not find any Canadian employee, think they have to advertise for 8 weeks but I'm not sure.
here is the website.........

http://jobbank.gc.ca/Search_en.aspx

Alvic I'm gutted for you and so will every one else who reads your situation...........

Last edited by peachgary; Oct 28th 2007 at 9:43 am.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by peachgary
PNP stands for "provisional nominee program" which means you get sponsored by your employer and in order to get sponsored your employer needs the LMO
from the HRSDC.

Most employers advertise on the canada job bank which proves to HRSDC they can not find any Canadian employee, think they have to advertise for 8 weeks but I'm not sure.

Alvic I'm gutted for you and so will every one else who reads your situation...........
Thanks Peachgary....we have just been looking at the Saskatchewan PNP and they say we just need a permanent full time job offer, but it looks like no LMO is needed, so now we are even more confused

Do we need one or not? Who knows?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alvic
Thanks Peachgary....we have just been looking at the Saskatchewan PNP and they say we just need a permanent full time job offer, but it looks like no LMO is needed, so now we are even more confused

Do we need one or not? Who knows?
I thought the process was LMO/WP/PNP/PR ?

their is another way but it take about six months were to apply for PR on the back of your job offer but am sure they would need the LMO 1ST, because we would all do the PNP thing if that was the case.............
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:16 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

from the HRSDC.

labour market opinion is for a temporary work permit. and you don't necessarily need a lmo or a wp to apply for sinp. going on a wp first is one option!

* You live outside of Canada or you have proof of legal status in Canada, you are not a refugee claimant and you have one of the following:

o An offer of permanent, full-time employment in Saskatchewan either in an occupation or trade in the NOC level "A" or "B", or in a designated trade in Saskatchewan (Skilled Workers/Professionals Sub-Category);

o An offer of permanent, full-time employment in Saskatchewan in a management position in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Matrix level "0" (Critical Occupations Sub-Category); or

o Have worked in Saskatchewan for at least six months on a temporary work permit either in an occupation or trade that is in the National Occupational Classification Matrix level "A" or "B", or in a designated trade in Saskatchewan (Existing Work Permit Sub-Category).

http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/Def...7-70a7366de4c4
only the last category requires a lmo / wp because it's meant for people who are already working legally in saskatchewan on a wp (and i guess that was the way alvic wanted to go initially)

did you mix it up with the noc? the noc code is a tool to set professional standards and titles on the same level throughout canada - most pnp offered jobs must usually be in noc categories 0, A or B. (not sure about the truck driver thingy though)

if you apply for provincial nomination, each province sets the standard for its nominees differently. so the requirements clearly depend on the pnp program. ab works with preapproved employers, bc has no preapproval but nevertheless requires certain economic features from employers, sk and mb have a points system for their nominees and so on.

alvic, you are going to saskatchewan if my memory serves me right? (edit to note that the discussion went further while i was searching and typing so you confirmed that.) no idea why hrsdc doesn't accept your application. was the wage appropriate? (the employer can't pay your hubby less than he would pay a canadian in the same circumstances)
the employer should get in touch with sinp asap to see if and how fast that option works out. http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/Def...9-d16d52c2e725

meanwhile you get information here: http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/Def...7-70a7366de4c4
that's the official guide: http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/adx...r_appguide.pdf

Last edited by lof; Oct 28th 2007 at 10:22 am.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:42 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the process was LMO/WP/PNP/PR ?

their is another way but it take about six months were to apply for PR on the back of your job offer but am sure they would need the LMO 1ST, because we would all do the PNP thing if that was the case.............
as said before, lmo and pnp are a different pair of shoes. lmo is a federal tool for temporary workers who come to canada for a year or two or three to fill short term labour shortage.
pnp is a channel for people who want to establish a longterm life in a particular province and fulfill the requirements set by that province. since provincial nominees can get work permits on the strength of their nomination they can work for their sponsoring employer in canada without a labour market opinion whilst the federal part of their pr application is processed.

R204(c) Agreement entered into by the Minister with a Province

It has been agreed with the provinces that have entered into provincial nominee agreements that a person who has been nominated by a province for permanent residence and has a job offer from an employer based in that province may be issued a work permit without requiring a job offer confirmation opinion from HRSDC.
In order for this provision to be applied, the application for the work permit must include a letter from the provincial government that confirms:
• that the foreign national has been nominated for permanent residence by the province; and
• that the nominated individual is urgently required by the provincial-based employer who has made the foreign national a job offer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/fw/fw01e.pdf page 35

and just fyi: although not being in saskatchewan - i was pnp and i got my second wp based on my nomination without lmo.

Last edited by lof; Oct 28th 2007 at 10:49 am.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by lof
as said before, lmo and pnp are a different pair of shoes. lmo is a federal tool for temporary workers who come to canada for a year or two or three to fill short term labour shortage.
pnp is a channel for people who want to establish a longterm life in a particular province and fulfill the requirements set by that province. since provincial nominees can get work permits on the strength of their nomination they can work for their sponsoring employer in canada without a labour market opinion whilst the federal part of their pr application is processed.

and just fyi: although not being in saskatchewan - i was pnp and i got my second wp based on my nomination without lmo.
Lof - thanks for all your replies, they have confirmed what I thought and read on the SINP site
Apparently the wages were not even discussed, just the fact that she thought the employer hadnt done enough to recruit a Canadian, which is utter crap:curse:
Maybe she will have had a change of heart over the weekend

As you can see I cannot sleep because of all this and I was a bad enough sleeper in the first place.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alvic
Just been speaking to OH's employer who has been told by HRSDC on Friday that they think he hasn't tried hard enough to employ a Canadian and they wont give us LMO as it stands at the minute:curse:

He has advertised this post across Canada in newspapers and the internet for months - so what their problem is we dont know?

He now wants us to apply for Saskatchewan PNP, which we were going to do three months agobut they told us LMO would be quicker!

Can we apply for PNP on the strength of my husbands job offer - or does he need LMO as well for this route. OH's boss says we just need to show PNP people that they have offered him the job - is this right?

We dont want to fill in all those forms for PNP to be told he needs LMO first:curse:

We are gutted
Tell me, what is your current situation, for an LMO to fail this does not bear well for the employer or the potential employee. Look before you leap. I talk from expirence after a PLMO the company did not honour their agreement and left me in limbo for 6 months until I got legal on their A**.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Well i hope their is light at the end of the tunnel for you then "fingers crossed"

i was just going off what my employer said because he needed an LMO, but this is for Alberta and was told it was the only option he had to get me in.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

OH no. Poor poor you- it must be heart breaking. Really hoping that given the second chance to prove himself that HRSDC will sit back and listen- has he ben asked to resubmit more evidence etc?

Gryph
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
Tell me, what is your current situation, for an LMO to fail this does not bear well for the employer or the potential employee. Look before you leap. I talk from expirence after a PLMO the company did not honour their agreement and left me in limbo for 6 months until I got legal on their A**.
Well we are very fortunate that the compnay really do want to employ my OH and they are doing all they can to help us and support us.

HRSDC have asked them to put more info into a new advert and advertise the job again. They didnt say how long it had to be advertised for - so in that respect we are in limbo

So hopefully the LMO is not failed yet, but they are nerely "flexing their muscles".
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea
OH no. Poor poor you- it must be heart breaking. Really hoping that given the second chance to prove himself that HRSDC will sit back and listen- has he ben asked to resubmit more evidence etc?

Gryph
It is heartbreaking but we are trying to be positive as it is out of our hands anyway.

They want more info put into the adverts and OH's boss has already done this - so now it is back to a waiting game.

He also wants us to apply for PNP straight away incase we dont get the LMO - so a lot of form filling will be done tonight!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:25 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Alison have just read this and am absolutely gutted.

Go for PNP and you WILL get there in the end, really sorry can only send you a virtual hug but more best wishes than you can ever know.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
OMG Alison have just read this and am absolutely gutted.

Go for PNP and you WILL get there in the end, really sorry can only send you a virtual hug but more best wishes than you can ever know.
Thanks Mandy, it is really maddening:curse:

Roll on PNP or maybe the HRSDC lady will waken up in better form today and change her mind
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

HI Alison

I replied to you other post, fingers crossed HRSDC get their act together, sort out the PNP stuff and Good luck to you and your OH.

Rosie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.