Wikiposts

LMO Manitoba

Old Nov 21st 2012, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation LMO Manitoba

Manitoba LMO. My husbands employer (in Manitoba) applied for the LMO 23 weeks ago now, i was just wondering what the maximum waiting time could be! We are ready to go when we get the thumbs up!!! Any info much appreciated x
Old Nov 21st 2012, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond reputeHindsight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Manitoba

An LMO is supposed to take about 8 - 10 weeks to be processed as far as I know.

Where did they apply to ?

Good luck with the application!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took 12 weeks to process, which last year seemed to be the average. Ask your prospective employer to ring Manitoba Immigration.
Good luck
Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

The employer does but they just dont seem to get a move on, im sure ive read somewhere it can take anything from 2-25 weeks to come through??? I hope its soon though because we are ready to move. Did you move from the UK to Manitoba also? My husband will be a trucker out there x (im not sure where the employer applied to, is there more than one place to go through in MB?) PS This company has never applied for a LMO before is this why it could take a little longer than the average? He said the company had been approved to hire foreign workers and was now waiting for the actual LMO certificate to come through, then we can apply for out work visa!

Last edited by franfluff; Nov 21st 2012 at 11:13 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franfluff
The employer does but they just dont seem to get a move on, im sure ive read somewhere it can take anything from 2-25 weeks to come through??? I hope its soon though because we are ready to move. Did you move from the UK to Manitoba also? My husband will be a trucker out there x (im not sure where the employer applied to, is there more than one place to go through in MB?) PS This company has never applied for a LMO before is this why it could take a little longer than the average? He said the company had been approved to hire foreign workers and was now waiting for the actual LMO certificate to come through, then we can apply for out work visa!
Yes, we came from Yorkshire 15 months ago. I doubt that its taking this long to process because its your prospective employers first application. Its more than likely due to a backlog. Believe it or not, Manitoba is probably one of the most popular provinces to move to.
Are you looking to apply for your TWP at your port of entry in Canada or from London? Where are you moving to in Manitoba?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Ok i see thanks! We will go through London first so we know for definite we will be let into Manitoba lol (i know there's (a small chance we could still be turned down at the port of entry i know) Yes i know Manitoba is very popular at the moment, i cant blame people wanting to move from the UK really at this time!!! Well the job will be from Brandon so we will be looking to move withing 1-1.30min driving radius. We are currently in south west Wales and have friends who live in Mcreary in MB. I cant wait to move, really looking forwards to this lovely change!! We also have a 14 month old baby girl and a collie dog who will be coming also
How are you fitting in etc with the Canadians? Do you have any regrets at all? x
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brandon eh! Its a great town with all the shops/bars/eateries/amenities you want. We shop there on a fortnightly basis. In fact my OH and daughter have dental appointments there tomorrow. I take it you have been for a visit. Who will you be driving for?
As to our views on life out here, check out the Canniversary section for "6 months in rural Manitoa" (my OH) on page 1 and "1 year on the prairies" (me) on page 2.
I know its your choice but if you are ready to move, then if you get a positive LMO I would go for a TWP at the port of entry. Although its nerve wracking till you get your sticky mitts on the TWP the actual process itself is a breeze (so long as your paperwork is in order).
Anyway, best of luck with it all. Let me know how it goes and if you need any tips or advice then just drop me a line.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

No we have never been to canada, we were going to go for a holiday back in june but its a waste of allot of money and you dont get the feel for a place in just a weeks time, im not scared of a big move, i moved to wales from holland 15 years ago so that doesnt frighten me, i love a change and ive heard soooo much positive from our friends that i do think its the right step to make in this time of our lives! We just want a fresh start and i think it has more to offer our little girl than the UK! The company my hubby will be working for is only small so that will be nice and a bit more personal too, ive heard allot of the bigger companys that already have LMOs can push you to the limit if you know what i mean! We will wait to have our work visa from london as i dont want to send a container over with all our stuff in it to only be turned down and having to send it back, so as soon as we have the work visa we can send off the container and book flights etc! Also its a bit scary doing it at the port of entry with our little girl, if we were just on our own i prob would go for it!!! I hate all this waiting mind, we thought we would be spending our first christmas there, in ways its good we will be arriving around feb/march so my hubby doesnt have to drive in the worst snow conditions etc in a new lorry on new roads on the other side of the road too haha! (he will have to do a trucking test etc again when he gets out there) Anyway thanks for your help, just wish i knew a maximum time limit for the LMO :'( x
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

I believe its 2yrs for a TWP is what they give drivers well usually and you can apply for another 2yrs (making 4yrs max)and if you are not a PR by then.... then its back home you go.
hope OH is studying MPI.ca ......driver quizzes ,class1 & air. makes it easier to get through the written test when arriving.
if you apply after 6mnths for manitoba provincial nomination ,then PR it can be done within the first 2yr twp.
jimmy

Last edited by jamesmc; Nov 23rd 2012 at 3:04 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jimmy, yes we are hoping to apply for residency after 6 months of working out there! Hubbys got some links to practice with (theory part) he is a fab driver so he will adjust quick enough! He currently works nights (12hour shifts) Cant wait to get out there and start living life The LMO has to be re-applied to after 6 months is that correct too?
Anyone else a trucker out there? xx
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

no ,,at six months you can ask employer for a letter stating that he would like to offer your Oh fulltime employment if he gets Pr...so thats what you might be thinking about
jimmy
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

TWP - after 6 months MPNP application (if yes) - PR application. Its as simple as that .
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Fab thank you people, much appreciated.... so no one actually knows a maximum waiting time for a LMO? x
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franfluff
Fab thank you people, much appreciated.... so no one actually knows a maximum waiting time for a LMO? x
There is no max time, it just takes as long as it takes I'm afraid.

Hope you hear soon.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

ok thank you, hope its not much longer xxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.