LMO and job titles

Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:09 am
Just Joined

ajhc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO and job titles

Hi all,

I have another LMO related question! The job I've been offered has been advertised as an Account Director, but they would prefer to start me off as a level down Senior Consultant so I don't have the addedd pressure intially of agressive new business targets - i.e settle in, then after six months - 12 months promotion.

Employer has been looking for ages to fill this position.

Would there be a problem with my job title on LMO been listed as Senior Consultant when the advert was for Account Director? Can the employer submit a letter exaplining this with the LMO?

Any help greatly apreciated!

Thanks
Al
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:52 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default Re: LMO and job titles

Originally Posted by ajhc
Hi all,

I have another LMO related question! The job I've been offered has been advertised as an Account Director, but they would prefer to start me off as a level down Senior Consultant so I don't have the addedd pressure intially of agressive new business targets - i.e settle in, then after six months - 12 months promotion.

Employer has been looking for ages to fill this position.

Would there be a problem with my job title on LMO been listed as Senior Consultant when the advert was for Account Director? Can the employer submit a letter exaplining this with the LMO?

Any help greatly apreciated!

Thanks
Al
I would guess that Senior Consultant and Account Director have
a) a different NOC code
b) a different salary
c) different main responsibilities and duties?

In order to get a TWP with your LMO the following needs to happen.

The LMO needs to be matching what is a) in the Job Offer that you are receiving and it needs to reflect the position they advertised for.

So if they looked for 3 months for a Account Director and include that proof to get the LMO then they can only apply for an LMO that matches the duties of the Account Director.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

ajhc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO and job titles

Originally Posted by retsujou
I would guess that Senior Consultant and Account Director have
a) a different NOC code
b) a different salary
c) different main responsibilities and duties?

In order to get a TWP with your LMO the following needs to happen.

The LMO needs to be matching what is a) in the Job Offer that you are receiving and it needs to reflect the position they advertised for.

So if they looked for 3 months for a Account Director and include that proof to get the LMO then they can only apply for an LMO that matches the duties of the Account Director.
Thanks. It will be the same NOC code as Public Relations senior managers are classed the same (more of an internal job title things to be honest than external). The salary is different, but I;m been taken on with the view to progress to the next level, and the duties advertised are similar, just allowing me time to take on all the responsibilities.