Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO and JOb offer received but no Rehabilitation...HELP!

Wikiposts

LMO and JOb offer received but no Rehabilitation...HELP!

Old Oct 27th 2012, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

shanico2501 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO and JOb offer received but no Rehabilitation...HELP!

HI

Just wondered whether anyone could help. I have both documents but I have a criminal conviction that is deemed inadmissible under canadian law....how do i get past this as my LMO expires at the end of November!

I know many of you would ask how did you get into this position??? Well to cut a long story short I enlisted the help of an immigration consultant in 2008...given the economic problems etc...i lazily left it and placed all my hopes in this guy. In 2010 he told us that the economy hadn't picked up yet so ill have to be patient...againn in 2011 i contacted him and since then its been about me chasing him to do anything. I think we should have been a lot more proactive but unfortunately we weren't. After all this time it dawned on us that if we carried on with him we would be in the same posit 4 years from now. He told us to wait till December but that we should not call the office again..and basically was very rude and unprofessional. We ended his service and 2 months on we have all the documents that we need however from our research we realise that we need a Rehabilitation Order.

Can anyone advise what to do as although its over 5 years and spent in this country canadian aw may not recognise it.

Can anyone help????

Thanks
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:10 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO and JOb offer received but no Rehabilitation...HELP!

As far as I understand it if its over 5 years its technically spent but under ten years you would need rehabilitation. But maybe one of the wiser members on here could interject with clear guidance
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:11 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Check out this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/rehabil.asp

It would appear you can make an application for rehab, but you wouldn't be able to go any further with the LMO and Job offer until the rehab has been processed.

Last edited by Mikeypm; Oct 27th 2012 at 10:13 pm. Reason: Adding further info
Old Oct 28th 2012, 1:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid there is nothing that you can do other than apply for rehab ASAP. If you need it to enter canada there's no getting around it.

It can take quite a while so don't delay, and do speak to your potential emPloyer and warn them you'll very likely need them to apply for a new LMO for you.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you for all the replies. Do you guys think that it's advisable to go to POA with offer letter, lmo and maybe plead my case then since its spent in the uk or should I try to send all documents to cic London and try to obtain a two and rehab together...It's just that I'm afraid if I don't go now my employer may not be willing to wait?

Sorry to be a pain but another question is whether anyone knows what the criteria is to get another Lmo?

Thank you very much guys....

Sean
Old Oct 28th 2012, 4:56 am

You need rehab even though its spent, so its doubtful in my opinion that you suggest would work. CIC have rules and regulations for this type of situation and I doubt CBSA at the POA would be able to do anything other than to send you back and advise you contact CIC through the correct channels.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by shanico2501
Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.
Hope it works out for you and I know your raring to get out there, but best to follow the correct channels so things do not take longer and get more protracted than they should.