LMO/Job Offer

Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default LMO/Job Offer

Hi Just wanted some advice. We are flying to Calgary on 2nd Dec and obtaining work permit at port of entry.
Employer have scanned LMO and Job offer letter and sent it on email to us. Are we ok just to print this out on PC or do employer need to fax them to us? Does it matter?

Oh also... do we need passport size photos at all for the work permit???

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Barmyarmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO/Job Offer

Originally Posted by Sarahad
Hi Just wanted some advice. We are flying to Calgary on 2nd Dec and obtaining work permit at port of entry.
Employer have scanned LMO and Job offer letter and sent it on email to us. Are we ok just to print this out on PC or do employer need to fax them to us? Does it matter?

Oh also... do we need passport size photos at all for the work permit???

Thanks in advance.
You will need the correct size as shown on te website and not just a standard passport size.
Get them done before you go. I believe it is 2 per applicant.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...r/e_vphoto.pdf
Old Nov 16th 2006, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Anybody any idea about fax or print out??
Also about the photos do all of us need the photos?? Theres husband (who WP is for), me and our 3 year old daughter.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Anybody any idea about fax or print out??
Also about the photos do all of us need the photos?? Theres husband (who WP is for), me and our 3 year old daughter.
Hi Sarah

Just go to Max Spielman and have them done there, they were the right size and we had no problems. Yes you need 2 photos of each family member. You have make sure you aren't smiling but Max Spielman guarantee that they are right otherwise they give you your money back. We made the mistake of having my daughter's photos done in a photo booth and we had to have them done again. I wish we had gone to Max spielman from the beginning.

HTH

Mel
Old Nov 16th 2006, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mels123
Hi Sarah

Just go to Max Spielman and have them done there, they were the right size and we had no problems. Yes you need 2 photos of each family member. You have make sure you aren't smiling but Max Spielman guarantee that they are right otherwise they give you your money back. We made the mistake of having my daughter's photos done in a photo booth and we had to have them done again. I wish we had gone to Max spielman from the beginning.

HTH

Mel
Thanks.
Mel do you know if I need to get company to fax LMO & Job offer or if I can just print the scanned versions from my computer?
ps hope things are going well for you!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks.
Mel do you know if I need to get company to fax LMO & Job offer or if I can just print the scanned versions from my computer?
ps hope things are going well for you!
I think you can use a scanned version of the LMO, but I would think you need the original job offer letter on letterheaded paper. We went through London and they said they needed a copy of the job offer letter, so wesent them a copy and kept the original to show immigration. We never saw the LMO and just quoted the reference number, but I think you will probably need a copy of the LMO if you haven't gone through London.

Thinks are going well here

Take care and good luck
Mel
Old Nov 16th 2006, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

I think you can use a scanned version of the LMO, but I would think you need the original job offer letter on letterheaded paper. We went through London and they said they needed a copy of the job offer letter, so wesent them a copy and kept the original to show immigration. We never saw the LMO and just quoted the reference number, but I think you will probably need a copy of the LMO if you haven't gone through London.

Thinks are going well here

Take care and good luck
Mel
Do u know if there is a website or anywhere i can confirm this?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Do u know if there is a website or anywhere i can confirm this?

There is only the website about the London CHC telling what you need to send to them, but I don't know about getting at the port of entry. Many people have got their permits at the port of entry, so I'm sure you'll be fine with photocopies. Can you contact immigration at the airport to ask?

Sorry can't help further
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

There is only the website about the London CHC telling what you need to send to them, but I don't know about getting at the port of entry. Many people have got their permits at the port of entry, so I'm sure you'll be fine with photocopies. Can you contact immigration at the airport to ask?

Sorry can't help further
I have been looking for some kind of contact for immigration at the airport, as have been advised it is best to contact them before to let them know you are coming, but no luck yet. Anyone have a contact?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:40 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I have been looking for some kind of contact for immigration at the airport, as have been advised it is best to contact them before to let them know you are coming, but no luck yet. Anyone have a contact?
Don't bother to try, they deal with work permits every day, they should know what to do, just ensure that primary inspection (customs) sends you to immigration.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Don't bother to try, they deal with work permits every day, they should know what to do, just ensure that primary inspection (customs) sends you to immigration.
Thanks. do you know anything about the paper work?? At the moment I have scanned copies on pc that company emailed to me can I print these off?? Or do we need fax copies/originals?? I just want to be sure