LMO Help! - Job description

Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Erug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO Help! - Job description

Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help with a LMO question. I searched the site and cant find much.

2 quick questions:
I cannot find my job title on the NOC list. Really quickly, my job consists of the following:

I work for a design company.
Im involved in trade show coordination.
Sample tracking from china
New product development and administration.
Sales coordination (powerpoint etc.)
project tracking...

I hope that gives you an idea.

So should I go forward with a admin clerk or something? so the wages are lower and more chance of getting a LMO?

Secondly: Has anyone done this without getting a lawyer. I feel once i get the NOC code i can do it myself as i have the full backing of my work place.

...Thanks so much for whoever replies!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Help! - Job description

I don't know much about LMOs. My only thought would be that if you go for something as "basic" as an admin clerk you run the risk of it not being approved as there must be 100s of people in Canada to fill a job at that level?
Old Jul 17th 2012, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Cheers DandNHill for the response. You make a good point. I was thinking that as I have friends who have all got rejected as their wages didn't meet the standard set by the government. That the gov expected way higher wages for their position:

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/home-eng.do

The annoying thing is they are professionals who work with Canadian citizens for reputable companies who all share the same wage level, but there is only a 15% leeway and their employers are not prepared to bump their salaries up 4k odd!

Has anyone gone forward without a lawyer changing the job spec? I only have until Jan 3rd 2013 so need to act asap!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Have you used the NOC website and typed in the name of your job in the quick search function? You can also use the NOC matrix to see what skill level the job falls under.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...1/Welcome.aspx

The quick search is at the bottom of the page on the left hand side.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:13 am
Just Joined

@Former Lancastrian, thanks I tired that and my title isnt there. In reality its specific to the company due their line of business. I think I have to contact the HRSDC and ask them.

...I did speak to a immigration lawyer since my first post though.
He recommended I use the NOC code 1122. Now the problem is with that NOC code my wage should be $33hr, give or take 15%....this does not work for me!

I have had 2 different friends who have their LMO rejected solely based on their salaries. Both used reputable lawyers from start to finish, had been with the company 2 years and have specific skills that the company need etc...(marketing coordinator and graphic designer) but they were rejected as their wages were below the matching noc code.
The companies HR Manager even submitted proof that a Canadian citizen with the same title was receiving the same salary and that the NOC wage list is over inflated, but to no result.

Does anyone have any more first/second hand advice on a application?
Also does anyone have any information on implies status? As far as I know you apply a month before your Visa expires and you can still work while your application is being processed?

As always appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Current Policy

TFWs who have applied to extend a WP with the same employer have implied status from the date the application is received at CPC-V and can continue to work at their existing place of employment as long as they remain in Canada.

As for the NOC then you really need to speak to HRSDC.
Try this link or the main contact us button
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...ContactUs.aspx