LMO help and advice please.

Old Aug 8th 2011, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Andy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the rough
Default LMO help and advice please.

Hi everyone

It feels im so close but i do know there is still a long way to go to make this happen. I am trying to Get to Ottawa asap on a TWP but needing a LMO.

I have been on my Recce trip in July.
I had an Interview while in Ottawa.
I was given the job offer.

So what next?

the company are new to hiring a foreign worker and are asking for advice. I really dont want to screw this up after getting so far so any help will be greatly appreciated please. I have read through pages and pages of information but still worried i could miss even the simplest of things.

So far i have the following of what the company need to provide the HRDC dept in Canada:

Proof the job was advertised for more than 2 weeks.
The company business licence or permit to operate.
detailed description of the job and salary.
Why they want to offer the job to me and not a Canadian.

If there is any tips or help people can offer to try and make this go through as smoothly as possible (wishful thinking i know) then please do.

Many thanks

Andy
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: LMO help and advice please.

Originally Posted by Andy18913
Hi everyone

It feels im so close but i do know there is still a long way to go to make this happen. I am trying to Get to Ottawa asap on a TWP but needing a LMO.

I have been on my Recce trip in July.
I had an Interview while in Ottawa.
I was given the job offer.

So what next?

the company are new to hiring a foreign worker and are asking for advice. I really dont want to screw this up after getting so far so any help will be greatly appreciated please. I have read through pages and pages of information but still worried i could miss even the simplest of things.

So far i have the following of what the company need to provide the HRDC dept in Canada:

Proof the job was advertised for more than 2 weeks.
The company business licence or permit to operate.
detailed description of the job and salary.
Why they want to offer the job to me and not a Canadian.
If there is any tips or help people can offer to try and make this go through as smoothly as possible (wishful thinking i know) then please do.

Many thanks

Andy

They need to prove that they interviewed Canadians and explain why they found them unsuitable for the position.

If the job is unionised, ensure that union approval is also submitted.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Andy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Wolstie

Made a note of that to forward on with the other info.

Andy
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Not strictly true, you don't need to provide proof that any further action other than advertising the job was taken unless they ask for it. It doesn't hurt of course but it's not essential.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:48 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Not strictly true, you don't need to provide proof that any further action other than advertising the job was taken unless they ask for it. It doesn't hurt of course but it's not essential.
In today's climate, you can expect HRSDC to ask for the following

"As employers seeking to hire temporary foreign workers, you must be prepared to demonstrate that you meet the minimum advertising requirements by providing proof of advertisement and the results of your efforts to recruit Canadians or permanent residents. This proof include copies of advertisements, number of Canadian applicants and why they were rejected, as part of the LMO process. Records of your efforts should be kept for a minimum of 2 years, in the event that a Service Canada Officer contacts you to verify your advertising efforts.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Not strictly true...

From the guidebook for employers (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...guide.asp#a4):

17.Is the position part of a union? Has the union been consulted about the hiring of a foreign worker?
If the position is part of a union, please provide the union’s name. Service Canada does not expect union concurrence, but does expect union documentation confirming that it has been advised that the position is being filled by a foreign worker and not by a Canadian or permanent resident. If you have not contacted the union, please explain why you have not done so. Service Canada officers have the discretion to consult with unions for the specific information needed to assess your application. They may require input or clarification on matters such as the status of a labour dispute, the wage rates for a particular occupation, the terms of a contract or broader labour market information.

My company not providing this was one of the reasons my LMO was denied first time round.

Last edited by wolstie; Aug 10th 2011 at 5:58 pm. Reason: provided link