LMO Approved Yeah!

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:41 pm
Animal Member

FelisCattus is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile LMO Approved Yeah!

I wasn't expecting to have my LMO approved til the stroke of midnight before I'm due to start work in September - but it's through already!!!

Application filed July 13th and positive LMO received back on July 28th
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Approved Yeah!

Originally Posted by FelisCattus
I wasn't expecting to have my LMO approved til the stroke of midnight before I'm due to start work in September - but it's through already!!!

Application filed July 13th and positive LMO received back on July 28th
congratulations

where did you end up?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:53 pm
Animal Member

Thanks ChanceUK

Took a job in Exeter, Ontario - small animal/equine practice - can't wait to start
Pending TWP of course - I'm going to do a Port of Entry application.
Do you know if you have to have your Ontario license before you get your TWP? If that's the case it's gonna be expensive because I'll have to go over, sit the license exam then come back and apply for the TWP on the way back through.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

i got my TWP first and did the ontario license later on. Call up the CVO and speak to Pam dickie about arranging the exam. They are also very good with email communication. By the way, she can also notorize the documents you will need to get the Ontario license for free.

To get your TWP, you may have to prove to them that you fulfill the license requirements - i.e. your university was accredited by the avma and that your degree is equivalent to their doctoral degree they get here.

I applied to london for the TWP rather than doing the port of entry because i didnt realise it was an option. It took months to get the visa through - they called me up to check that my degree was equivalent to the DVM and I just confirmed that it was. Maybe just print off email communication with the College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO) that confirms that you are eligbile for licensure in Ontario based on your qualifications and have that ready to show when you land to get your TWP. it should be very straightforward though.

did the clinic have experience with LMOs before?

Goodluck!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:45 pm
Animal Member

Thanks, that's a relief - I'll call the CVO tomorrow.

No, it was the first time the clinic have employed a non-Canadian, so they had to apply for approval to employ foreign workers before being able to apply for the LMO. All went without a hitch though thankfully.

Cheers for that!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

CamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to allCamVet is a name known to all

Congratulations Felis, I'm glad it's all going so smoothly for you!
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations