Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

LMO approved but no copy at POE ??

Wikiposts

LMO approved but no copy at POE ??

Old Jun 30th 2010, 1:44 am
Just Joined

tontointoronto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO approved but no copy at POE ??

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice. My situation is I have a firm job offer in Toronto. The job I am told by the companies immigration attorney has been granted LMO. The attorney, working for the employer, is now just waiting for the physical copy of the LMO approval via post.

The problem is, we were advised by my employer to fly to Toronto this Friday, July 2 and apply for TWP at POE.

So, I am a little concerned that I will be applying for my TWP without my LMO approval document even though it has been approved by HRDSC.

Does anyone know of anyone being turned away with a fully approved LMO at port of entry due to not having the actual document ? Will myself & family be turned away & sent home ?

Any advice , experiences would be really appreciated

Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: LMO approved but no copy at POE ??

You need copy of the LMO, job offer and evidence of your qualifications for the job. Your employer should have received LMO by email, no need to wait for hard copy (if any will be even mailed).
Old Jun 30th 2010, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

2nd that, the IO needs the LMO reference number for the TWP.

When I did mine, they accepted a fax copy of the LMO, my resume, and the job offer letter.
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

tontointoronto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million for the replys. I have just received the photocopy of my LMO approval 2 hours ago, which was scarily last minute, so thankfully this won't now be a problem. Toronto here we come !!!
Old Jun 30th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, have a good flight!