Lmo alberta

Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Pebbles_22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lmo alberta

Hey everyone ... My partner is currently waiting an Lmo it has been eight weeks since Tuesday file number was received three weeks after application went in we are so anxious he is an Electrican does anyone have any information on timelines after file number is received does it make a difference to timeline if skill is on shortage list if anyone can help it would be gratefully appreciated:-)
Old Jan 7th 2012, 7:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lmo alberta

I think current processing times for Alberta are about 16 weeks, but there is another thread about LMO's in AB that you can check for info.

And no, it doesn't speed things up because he's an electrician I'm afraid!

Good luck, hope he hears soon.

Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

I'm on about the same time line as you, (im an HGV mechanic) mine was sent off at the start on November, and yes it's about 16 weeks from the application being received.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replys hope you don't mind me asking stu but were you on to the Lmo department did they say 16 weeks to you?have been looking at other threads and they seem to be getting news between 9 and 12 weeks :-)
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

No I've not actualy spoke to LMO, just following other threads and also I have a friend I work with in the uk going waiting for his LMO and he is on week 12 and still not received anything.
Do you need to do a red seal test for your trade?
I do and I know the LMO cannot be completed until I get the ok I qualify to sit the test?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Yes he will have to sit a red seal exam with in a couple of months of landing the company he will be working for will organise it as they are putting him on fourth year rate to start off with he is qualified 12 years and has the 9000 hrs worked up to get his trade recognised..not sure if it different for mechanics..where in Alberta are you heading to
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Yeah it's the same, 9000hrs over 72 months. Although I had to apply for the red seal test myself as the application form has lots of personal information to fill out.
I'm going to Calgary. Hopefully around may.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

I didn't think you could get red seal forms until you were over there?bit confused:-) were hoping to head to Calgary as well we were hoping to be over there end of feb all going well if we get the go ahead with Lmo doesn't look like it if there taking 16 weeks..hope you get your positive Lmo keep us posted..
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

I would check with your employer as I'm 99% sure YOU have to submit the red seal application. I will post you a link to the application and guide later tonight.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/fo...l_work_exp.pdf

Take a look at this link, it will give you all the info you need.
The reason I say you need to do it is because it asks for info like education, certification, work experience etc.

you also have to pay $450 for applying.

As I understand you Cannot work in Canada in your trade (unsupervised) until you are accepted to sit the test, then upon arriving you have 6 months to pass said test.