LMO

Old May 24th 2011, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

gbirse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help with a question regarding multiple LMO applications,
I have two or three employers interested in offering me work (Alberta & BC)and will apply for a LMO if I accept their offer,- is it possible to have more than one LMO application being processed from different employers at the same time?

thanks
GB
Old May 24th 2011, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: LMO

Originally Posted by gbirse
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help with a question regarding multiple LMO applications,
I have two or three employers interested in offering me work (Alberta & BC)and will apply for a LMO if I accept their offer,- is it possible to have more than one LMO application being processed from different employers at the same time?

thanks
GB
Yes it's possible.

However - have you thought of the consequences of accepting all three jobs and then all three jobs being approved?!
Old May 24th 2011, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Hi
This is interesting information because I did not know you could have more than one LMO being processed at a time.

My husband has just had one LMO rejected and the company have to wait 14 days before they can process another one, but he also had other job offers from other employers but we did not know that he could in fact have accepted one of the other offers and asked them to do an LMO so thank you for sharing this thread.

Good luck with your decision.
Old May 24th 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Despite having candidate info on an LMO application, Service Canada are mainly assessing the job offer - not so much the individual.

For example, is there really a shortage of Canadians / PR's wanting to do this particular job? Is the salary being offered appropriate? Has the employer done his / her best to recruit a Canadian / PR? Etc etc.
Old May 24th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

My hubby had at least four good offers when we were there in February and we thought we had to pick one which is what we did......and tried to pick the one that was offering the best long term employment prospects, however it was rejected (very unexpectedly). We are now in two minds as to whether to go and contact one of the other employers and ask them to also submit an LMO or hope that the 2nd LMO will be approved. We were of the opinion that it wouldn't look good to have your name on two or more LMO's. But glad to read this today. Thx.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Cyprus Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are looking to go to Toronto in July for a holiday/fact finding. In order to emigrate with need to get a job offer to apply for TWP. I am interested in advice about how to go about this? Shall I try to get interviews with recruitment agencies for whilst we are there? My partner is an IT Network Security Engineer with 10+ years experience. Any help much appreciated.
Old May 25th 2011, 10:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cyprus Girl
Hi,
We are looking to go to Toronto in July for a holiday/fact finding. In order to emigrate with need to get a job offer to apply for TWP. I am interested in advice about how to go about this? Shall I try to get interviews with recruitment agencies for whilst we are there? My partner is an IT Network Security Engineer with 10+ years experience. Any help much appreciated.
Hi Cyprus Girl,

It may be better to start a new thread with your own questions, rather than hijacking the OP's.

But have a look at the Wiki - there is a whole section on Job Hunting which will tell you how to go about it.