LMIA work permit

Old Mar 5th 2022, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Bcook333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMIA work permit

Work Permit Questions.
Trying to find some answers before having to pay for more hours with the layer... these questions are based on You tube videos of people filling out the work permit forms so I know there will be different answers for everyone.
  1. My job offer states - "on the date you receive your Permanent Residence Visa or when eligible for a work permit to Canada. Your position is permanent and on an Indeterminate basis."
Q. So when the form asks "How long am I planning to stay?", would I answer 'Temporarily - more than 6 months' // or would I put 'permanently'?
Q. "What is the status of your job offer?" I would put permanent?
Q. "Duration of expected employment" leave the date boxes empty and put N/A or put a start date and no end date?

2. What is the difference between an 'employment reference letter' and 'Employment records'?

3. Do I use the same UCI number that I had on my working holiday visa 6 years ago?

4. 'Proof you meet the requirements of job'. Is this where you put ECA and any course?
Old Mar 5th 2022, 3:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA work permit

Hi, welcome to BE.

Can you clarify, is this just a normal temporary work permit, or is it a work permit to support a PR app?
Old Mar 9th 2022, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Default LMIA work permit

Hi

I am preparing to submit my 'Application for work permit made outside of Canada', I have a few questions...

Under the Education section it asks "have you had any post secondary education (inc uni, college, apprenticeship)? - I completed 2 years as a hairdressing apprentice at college and have an NVQ level 2 diploma. However when I got my qualifications evaluated by WES ( or any other company), they do not accept this and my report just states I have 'secondary school diploma' - my LMIA supported job is not hairdressing anyway so should I just put "no - I have no secondary education"?

Also the section that asks have you lived anywhere other than country of citizenship in past 5 years... I was on my second of 2 year of IEC in canada 5 years ago - What do I put in the box asking for "status" ? Is IEC temporary Work visa?

Do I need to get the scan of my passport certified by a notary person?

Many thanks
Old Mar 9th 2022, 11:33 am
Just Joined

HI it is an application for work permit made outside of canada' which Is under the LMIA stream.... I have narrowed down a few questions on my most recent post. thank you for responding
Old Mar 9th 2022, 8:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bcook333
HI it is an application for work permit made outside of canada' which Is under the LMIA stream.... I have narrowed down a few questions on my most recent post. thank you for responding
But which LMIA stream, is it just for a temp work permit (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-...dian-wage.html) or to support a PR app (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-...rmanent.html)?