LMIA while in canada on iec visa

Old Nov 13th 2020, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Eterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond reputeEterna123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default LMIA while in canada on iec visa

Hello, I have recently acquired a skilled job and my employer is willing to help me get pr. Can I get a Labour market impact assessment while in the country on a iec visa as it will give me a nice amount of points so I can express entry. All information is appreciated, thanks.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 12:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA while in canada on iec visa

Yes, any employer can apply for a LMIA, although just the LMIA on it's own won't be enough to get you the 50 points for arrangement employment so do make sure you have the written job offer etc as well.

Did you ever get your ECA? If not, I'd recommend you do that first, as if you don't get points for the NVQ I don't think you'll be scoring enough still, even with the job offer, from what you've said in your previous posts? So you might want to check that first before the employer goes to the hassle and cost of the LMIA app, as there may be no point in that anyway and you may need to focus on a PNP app instead.

Good luck.